Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-21 Brewers (Bush) at Twins (Blackburn), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 15-3; Lucroy gets first MLB hit]

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to say this but Dave Bush is close to done as a major league pitcher. The guy will not survive with his fastball at 85 mph.

That's a little dramatic to say he's done as a major leaguer, but you are correct...his velocity is down and he can't succeed the way he's been pitching this year. He just hasn't been right.

Tough to know if things might have been a little different if the ego behind the plate got strike 3 right.

That umpire has no business in baseball acting like that. Besides that Bush is terrible.

Based on what?

He's had 1 bad start this season........ well, 2 now but the ump is beyond terrible.

Bush cannot win with his 85 mph fastball.

Yet, outside this start, he has had 1 bad start all season.....

Dude, we're down 6. Take the out at first.
I was thinking the same thing. Late to the party here, I've been late to the party here on the in-game chat for a few years actually.

It was a tad ridiculous to see Rapuano coming out towards Bush like that. Yeah, you can't argue balls and strikes, but what was that? Hopefully Dave Bush has "Better Days" by Beck on his Ipod.

Verified Member

That's certainly debatable and I'm sure it will be, but what is to like about the guy?

Formerly AKA Pete

Well, if we're ever going to see Vargas again tonight is the night. Depending on how taxed the bullpen gets tonight that could bode as another nudge to bring up Braddock.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why should we analyze a player based on good starts and bad starts when we have such better information? His ERA is terrible and his peripherals agree that he really has been awful. He's a fly ball pitcher with mediocre control who can't strike anyone out.

By the end of the night Bush might have a worse ERA than Suppan, although we all know Bush has a tendency to give up his runs in bunches as to where Suppan is much more consistent. lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

It's too bad Bush gave up those lucky runs or we'd still be in this one...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I still like the corps of this team. But it is really underachieving. Like the rest of you, I am sick of it. This team acts like it is playing out the string in September. It is like watching 2002 again. Something needs to change. I am not going to watch Keith Olbermann followed by Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

Blackburn threw 10 pitches in the 1st.

Brewers pitches threw 44. 24 for balls. Suppan, a reliever threw almost as many pitches (8) as Blackburn. Our pitching absolutely blows.

Archived