Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-19 Brewers (Wolf) at Pirates (Burres), 6:05 PM CDT [Nine not so fine -- Brewers lose, 6-4]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rluzinski wrote:

As for Weeks, every player is going to go in many hitting slumps over a full season. Is there some other reason why people think it's obvious he needs a day off?

I think middle infielders should have a day off about once every other week. I am also not sure Weeks is really in as good of shape as he would be if he had played last year. Last time he had this similar injury it took a year to heal. I think he is about at a year. Outside of 1B I wouldn't play anybody 162 games and probably not even a 1B.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm still waiting for the big hit.

On the bright side, Wolf's at 68 pitches, which means he still has an outside shot to go 7 if he's wickedly efficient. At least it's not completely out of the question at this point.

Just popping in to say that I am SO GLAD that Escobar has been moved to the 2 hole. It must be a world of difference hitting in front of Braun and Fielder that pitcher and Weeks...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Just popping in to say that I am SO GLAD that Escobar has been moved to the 2 hole. It must be a world of difference hitting in front of Braun and Fielder that pitcher and Weeks...

I know it's nice that he has three hits tonight, but he hasn't hit one ball squarely. He's been really lucky.

I know it's nice that he has three hits tonight, but he hasn't hit one ball squarely. He's been really lucky.

Those even out over the course of the year though. Makes up for all of the line-outs and horrible pitches that he saw in the 8 hole...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

You know, I'm not even sweating these late innings situations anymore. Kind of like watching my daughter's junior high hoops game. Anything good will only be a welcome surprise, and no loss is crushing as it is now expected. Kind of nice once you let go of expectation.

Archived