Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-18 Brewers (Parra) at Reds (Bailey), 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers, Hoffman lose 5-4]

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How ironic that the pressure of pitching Hoffman to allow him to achieve the 600th save might end up ruining this team this season. Achieving a statistic is much more important than winning games I guess.

Hate to say it but this team deserves to lose 10 plus games in a row because of the stupidity of management. Good days work Trevor.

What a terrible, terrible game. Something needs to happen with this team. I am so tired of the relaxed Kenny Macha, "This stuff happens, just keep playing" stuff. Our players are not performing and no one seems to care.

It's clear that this team needs a new direction of some sort.

Every game is a waste of my time.

Exactly. Why waste time watching a good game when there is a coin flips chance the "closer" is going to throw the game away at the end. Its a giant waste of time.

f you're looking for a low-leverage save, this is it. You're facing 8-PH-1 in the bottom of the ninth with a cushion, and there aren't any real Brewer-killers on the bench, although Heisey seems to be getting there.
Sorry guys (and gals). It looks like I jinxed it.

Anyone heard an interview from Melvin lately? I wonder what he has to say about this miserable play.

Better yet, I'd like to see quotes from Attanasio. He's seeing 0 return on his investment and we know he wants to win as bad as we all do.

In a vacuum, you were right about it being a lower-leverage save. In the context of the losing streak, maybe not so much. Anyway, it doesn't look like anyone here is hanging the loss on you, dave.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is to the point that it's comical. Does George Webbs still give out free burgers for 12 straight?
I fear that in a few days we'll all be required to buy extra food from George Webb.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived