Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-17 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Cueto), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-3]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does Gallardo always turn a 1-2 count into a 3-2 count?
We he figures that part out we'll have a pretty studly pitcher on our hands.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

A note on Chapman he's either been really good or really bad so far in AAA. In his 2 bad starts he's given up 14 ER, in the other 5 starts, 4 ER. He's been easy to follow because every time he starts he's a headline on MiLB.com, just like Strasburg.
Sounds like he would fit in perfect with the Brewers then with their up and downs this season.

I think Yo is getting really upset with this strike zone

He should be upset. I normally don't complain about the zone but Yo is getting squeezed.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Nice job by Yo to get out of it, though I second (third? fourth?) the frustrations with his nibbling. Part of it certainly him getting squeezed, but it still would be nice to see him throw into the seventh and eighth innings.

As for his pitch count, I'm less worried than I might be with others. Yo's mechanics are so sound (and, yes, I'm knocking on wood as I type) that I think he should be able to handle throwing 110, 120 pitches. His release point his nearly perfect every time he throws, and it doesn't look like he puts a lot of unnecessary stress on his arm, Dontrelle Willis style.

I was watching one of the "Live Look Ins" on the MLB channel, and even the analysts there could not believe Gallardo did not get a couple of those pitches called for strikes. He was getting squeezed, big time.

Great emotion from Gallardo, some of the strongest I've seen from this team so far this year. Good to see there is some there.

As for blue, he's not calling a fair game. Cueto has gotten calls Yo hasn't.

Verified Member
Why does Gallardo always turn a 1-2 count into a 3-2 count?
We he figures that part out we'll have a pretty studly pitcher on our hands.

And maybe our bullpen will improve too if Gallardo can be more efficient and eat up more innings. The guys in the pen are really overworked.

Archived