Brewer Fanatic

Davis scratched, to DL with pericarditis [Update: Davis has more pains Mon. night]

markedman5
Great. Ken Macha has his excuse to put Suppan back in the rotation. If it's not Parra in his place (assuming this isn't a day to day thing) I'd just assume see Capuano pitch over any other candidate like Suppan.

What logic leads you to believe that Macha wants Suppan back in the rotation? Given the devotion to the guy before Macha got here and how quick he was pulled from the rotation, I'd guess that Macha is the reason he's not in the rotation.

To be fair, Yost managed Suppan in Years 1 & 2 of his contract. I highly doubt that the Brewer's front office (or any team's front office - other than maybe the Yankees) would allow the team manager to pull a guy that they just recently signed to a 4 year $40 million from the rotation. It's much easier to allow Macha (who, by the way, ran Suppan out there every 5th day last year) to put Suppan in the bullpen in year 4 of the contract, after Suppan has clearly shown that he does not belong in the rotation.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I had pericarditis once. Put me in the hospital for a week. It made my heart go out of rhythm for a while. It would hurt my chest, I'd get really dizzy, pretty weak. I had to take blood thinners for a while, some other medicine for a while. I needed to wear a heart monitor for a week after I got out of the hospital too. Kinda scary at times. I felt like I was having a heart attack all the time. I came close to needing to be defibrillator blasted to bring me back into rhythm, but luckily I didn't need it.

I had to take it kind of easy for a while. According to what I read, DD's is not quite as severe as mine was, although it's still scary to go through it. He should be fine, just needs to take it easy for a bit.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Does anyone remember Davis ever going to the DL for arm problems? I can't. It's sad that he's had a couple of freak, unlucky health problems take him out of action, because he's been remarkably durable otherwise.

Well, we spent the whole ride to Milwaukee wondering what the problem was. Thanks, WTMJ for the non-sports talk and WSSP for the NBA draft talk. Fortunately our usher clued us in (Hi, Bill, if you're lurking). I'd be scared if I were in Doug's place, but most health problems scare me. In fact, this bit from the JSOnline blog caught my eye:

Davis started feeling pain in his chest early Saturday morning and took

some heartburn medication to see if that would calm the symptoms, which

Davis typed into Google and read that his symptoms were similar to those

of a heart attack. He was feeling pain in his chest, jaw, neck and

back.

I've learned not to google symptoms for myself because I seem to always see the bad possibilities first; but in Doug's case, maybe it's good he tried Google this time. It's also interesting that he was examined by the same physician who is looking after Uecker. Seriously, Froedtert could change its advertising with the Brewers to three words: "We fixed Uecker."

I don't know if pericarditis is a quick-onset thing, or if this could have contributed to Doug's choppy performance to date this year. I guess "treatable" is the best thing about it. Get some rest, Sharpie, and I'll have my jersey ready for your next start!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived