Brewer Fanatic

Davis scratched, to DL with pericarditis [Update: Davis has more pains Mon. night]

markedman5

Well, Parra could finally get his shot. Hopefully he can make the most of it. If Davis does have something that's been causing this bad start, I hope he can get it corrected... it would be nice if the Doug Davis of 2009 would show up.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Great. Ken Macha has his excuse to put Suppan back in the rotation. If it's not Parra in his place (assuming this isn't a day to day thing) I'd just assume see Capuano pitch over any other candidate like Suppan.

He was diagnosed with thyroid cancer while a Diamondback, had his thyroid removed and now takes medication to make up for no thyroid.

I don't know enough about it to know how a problem related to thyroid cancer might recur, but it is hard not to think about Doug's recent medical history in light of today's scratch.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Niether Parra nor suppan should be in the starting rotation. In Parra's last 7 outings he has allowed all 12 of his earned runs. Hopefully DD with be fine, but if he goes on the DL I wonder who they will call up from AAA. Loe, Estrada, or Braddock???

New blog post indicates that whatever it is that is bothering Davis is severe enough that he had to go to the emergency room last night.

and it also says "The consulting physician will be at Miller Park later today to address Doug’s situation with Doug..."

hope it is not but that sure sounds like it is something serious and long term, not just a passing illness

Really hope the best for him. From the link in the first post, a heart condition could definitely hurt an athlete's endurance, and could be the reason he's faded in the 4th/5th inning this year. Good to see the word "treatable." Best wishes Doug, get better.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Niether Parra nor suppan should be in the starting rotation. In Parra's last 7 outings he has allowed all 12 of his earned runs. Hopefully DD with be fine, but if he goes on the DL I wonder who they will call up from AAA. Loe, Estrada, or Braddock???

They called Stern back, so presumably, deserving or not, it'll be Suppan or Parra. Possibly tuesday, if they move Gallardo up?

I think if Capuano had 4 or 5 more starts under his belt they would consider him. But after making only 1 at AAA they can't go to him. They have to be sure with him before they call him up since they would have to clear as spot on the 40 man roster. It's gonna be Parra or Suppan. Going to be interesting to see who the brass go with and if that pitcher responds and does okay.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

They called Stern back, so presumably, deserving or not, it'll be Suppan or Parra. Possibly tuesday, if they move Gallardo up?

Here's to hoping Parra gets another shot at the rotation. He's put up good numbers out of the pen and well, he isn't Jeff Suppan.

Marco Estrada really interests me in the minors though. I think he can be a pretty decent back-end starter for the Crew next year. I'm not ready to give up on this year, due to the state of the NL Central, but if Parra can get it together in the rotation, the club may have a pretty decent starting 5.

I think it would be Estrada. I believe he has the best numbers right now out of all the starting pitchers in Nashville.
Actually Kameron Loe has a lower ERA than Estrada, and major league career numbers very similar to Parra pitching exclusively in the AL in a hitters paradise. Plus until today when Nashville was rained out, his spot in the rotation was mirroring Davis. But Estrada is on the 40 man and Loe isn't. If they added Loe, they could move Butler to the 60 man I suppose or just waive Suppan or Vargas (does it really matter?) They are going to start Bush tonight on normal rest and they could go with Gallardo tomorrow on normal rest. Tuesday is where they'll need a new guy. Estrada's not available until Wednesday. Personally, I'd rather they get a look at Loe than give Parra his umpteenth opportunity. Loe's only a year older.

I saw this on the bottom line at my brother's place earlier tonight and was shocked. Even though I didn't want him signed on the personal side of things he's already been through so much with cancer that I hope in the end this is nothing serious for him. Get well DD.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Verified Member
Great. Ken Macha has his excuse to put Suppan back in the rotation. If it's not Parra in his place (assuming this isn't a day to day thing) I'd just assume see Capuano pitch over any other candidate like Suppan.

What logic leads you to believe that Macha wants Suppan back in the rotation? Given the devotion to the guy before Macha got here and how quick he was pulled from the rotation, I'd guess that Macha is the reason he's not in the rotation.

Formerly AKA Pete

Archived