Brewer Fanatic

Have you ever had that feeling

If you scratched the ticket and it was a $$$$ winner, yet you decided not to cash in because you'd have to give up the artifact...then yeah, maybe intervention time. (Note that I have no idea how big the prizes are for lottery games, except for the humongo-jackpots where the news shows people in line to buy tickets.)

If you don't intend to scratch the ticket, ever, because then it would no longer be pristine...maybe then, too. Otherwise, nah, not a problem.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

In the end, it's just a $3 item, so I don't think you have gone too far with it. It's not like you bought a whole roll of them or anything. . .

My own come-to-Jesus moment came when I bought a Dan Thomas handsigned note to a fan.

Thomas was a top Brewers draft pick in the 1970s who committed suicide in prison while being held on rape charges.

I was glad to pick up a somewhat-tough-to-get Brewers signature, but it's hard to ignore the facts surrounding his death, and so I have an occasional battle with myself over just why it is that I'm collecting this stuff.

i spent 5 bucks on a coupon for a free hamburger when the crew won 12 straight. the guy wanted 10 and i talked him down...that was my 'what am i doing" moment. but as Jim said, its a pretty minimal buy.

Archived