Brewer Fanatic

Video Games: Best "Madden" Like Franchise mode for Baseball?

gbpacker40
Me and a buddy just finished off our 30 year Madden Franchise we have been playing since November and since the new Madden doesnt come out for some time, I was wondering if there were any MLB games that compare to the Madden version, specifically the Franchise mode (Offline). We play on a PS3 and my buddy isnt the most knowledgable Baseball fan, so maybe I can beat him in this. (He won 13 SB's with the Lions and I won 10 with the Packers)

MLB The Show has a more detailed franchise mode better than Madden's though I haven't played Madden in like 5 years now. MLB 2K series has a rather simple franchise mode. If you want full realism get MLB The Show if you want a little water downed version go with 2K.

The franchise mode now on Madden is pretty realistic. MLB The Show has taken major strides the past few years...it is very realistic, but if your friend isn't a knowledgeable baseball fan he/she may not be all that into it. 40-man rosters, options, rule 5 draft, etc. are all involved now. I'm not saying that is the most complicated, but if you are simulating seasons for franchise it can be a pain to worry about in some regard. I play the games so I'm in the first season, but I did a simulation (that I didn't save) to see the off-season and it is pretty impressive...if you're a baseball nerd. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived