Brewer Fanatic

2010 Bowman Baseball

miggs721

Invader, I bought a couple boxes on EBAY after about 9 years away from the hobby....I still have a decnet collection of RC's, but just recently started picking up some higher end Brewer prospects cards, a Cody Scarpetta Auto red refractor from last year numbered 1/5 being one of them. I got the itch as well, after reading reviews saying this could be the best bowman release to date...

I just got 3 jumbo and 3 regular boxes. Nothing Huge, but a fun break.

Not a great release for Brewers, only Evan Anundsen. Unless you count Eric Farris. Weird.

He had a card in 2009 bowman chrome, and this 2010 one also indicates "first bowman chrome card".

It makes me wonder what Topps is doing with Brett Lawrie. He doesn't have a triple jersey /99 in this release like 37 other Futures Gamers do, and in the Topps Pro Debut set, he wasn't included among the logo patches, just the jersey/139's.

2009 elite is much better for chasing Brewers Prospects :-). I have a half case (10 boxes) incoming.

My first hobby box was pretty good I thought...A Cody Wheeler Team USA orange refractor numbered to 25, A redemption for a Craig Clark blue refractor auto, and something I have never pulled before, a Tony Zych Team USA superfractor, numbered 1/1 on the back, kids only a sophomore at Louisville

4 chrome, 5 base, 2 Top100, 2 expectations for Strasburg. No autos unfortunately.

My best auto was a Heyward refractor. Got a red refractor of Rashun Dixon /5. The chromes are nice looking (when they're centered) 60 of my chromes are cut really bad.

Zero Bryce Harpers! dang.

Got a couple for Strasburg, a few of Heyward and Castro, but nothing earth shattering. A couple of refractors /25 and some autos of players I haven't heard of; might just have to try another box perhaps. Nice looking cards though. It's cool to go back through past years sets and find players who are making an impact this year though.

I feel fortunate that in my Jumbo box, I got a Stras and Harper chrome...Ive read of people not even getting one Harper in a jumbo case...My autos so far have been a Craig Clark blue refractor redemption, a Jaff Decker rleerie edemption, Nick Franklin refractor, who is raking in the midwest league, and a Drew Stubbs refractor, who just gunned down the Z man...My best pull so far is the Tony Zych team USA superfractor, numbered 1 of 1....

on a side note, have any of you been to Brew City Cards on 27th...he has Bowman for 75 for regular and 150 for jumbo +tax...I've never been there, and seem pretty leerie about going into someones house to buy stuff

Since Upper Deck lost their baseball license, topps has rights to all things baseball. USA used to just be an Upper Deck thing, but now that Topps can do it, may as well include them.

Lawrie has those Razor cards. I'm not a fan. He has Topps Debut stuff too. I don't know why they passed him up, being a Futures Game guy, they can make more of his cards. There's a lot of great looking patches for other Futures guys in the Topps Debut sets, including logomans and Futures patch foldouts numbered 1/1. Many guys have logo patches in the set numbered to 5, but Lawrie just has the Jersey numbered /139 and /25.

I have the 01/25 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'd imagine he'll be in a bowman set this year. Other razor exclusives are making their way into Topps sets. I'll be all over his chromes whenever they come out.

• 1 month later...

I've been getting into these a little bit lately. Haven't gotten my hands on any of the jumbo or hobby boxes, as you can't seem to find them anywhere right now (well, they're on Ebay, but at ridiculous rates). I've bought a couple of the blaster boxes (which I realize don't give you a shot at Strasburg, which is kind of lame), and have gotten a couple purple refactors, a Hak-Ju Lee chrome refractor, a Heyward gold border RC, and a couple other neat things. Nothing too exotic, but not a total bust at least.

On a side note, I've bought a few of the 2009 Allen & Ginter blaster boxes, and I think I like that set a lot. Got a Yunel Escobar hand numbered bazooka mini card, a BJ Upton relic card, and some other cool stuff. Probably going to save up to get some of the 2010 boxes when they come out at this point (end of the month, I believe).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Is this Bowman stuff just exploding or what? I was at walmart the other day. Some guy was there stocking up the Bowman with packs and boxes. He must have stocked at least 20 dual packs and about 5 blaster boxes. I go back 2 days later and everything is gone

It's getting pretty hard to find in retail stores. the $19.99 blaster boxes can easily be resold for $30+, so if you find some, it's like finding a 10 dollar bill on the ground - gotta pick it up. I have 2 walmarts and 2 targets between here and work and they're wiped out. I managed to get some, though. I don't have it in me to re-sell them, I have to break em open. I found 2 full retail boxes, 4 blasters, and maybe 12 rack packs in my searches. Still, along with the hobby boxes (4) and jumbos (4) I've opened I haven't pulled a Harper! Strasburgs, yes. That Harper is elusive.

Have you seen the Strasburg 1/1 superfractor that sold for over 16K has already been relisted? Beckett graded it a Gem 9.5, and it's at 22K with more than 3 days left.

The Strasburg red 1/1 autograph auction has turned into a joke - auction's ruined. It's currently bid up to 999K with more than 3 days left.

I have some Strasburg chromes and base though if anyone wants any - and tons of non-strasburg chromes :-)

I found a bunch of packs at Walmart this afternoon, as well as a few "jumbo" double packs. Haven't opened them all yet, so nothing exciting to report yet.

They had a couple blaster boxes as well, but I didn't bother with those as the returns on the card pulls don't seem as good, from what I've read. I'm not interested in bothering with re-sale at this point.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Well, went through about 22 regular packs and 5 jumbo packs. Had some cool things, including a Strasburg (just the regular card with the imprinted auto), a Dusty Coleman autographed card, and a blue bordered Brent Dlugach card (first blue bordered one I had seen). Nice to finally get a Strasburg.

Archived