Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-16 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Bush), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Bush failed to execute the bunt. Weeks dropped a throw earlier.

I am not happy with the failure to do the little things.

ajay,

I agree with you 100%. I don't care if you get beat, but make sure to do the 'little' things correctly as they lead to wins

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starting to think Rickie could use a day off. Give Counsell the start at 2B tomorrow night.

I'm starting to think Rickie could just use a different team.

If he wouldn't have gotten lucky with infield choppers early this year (he led the league in infield hits with 8 last I checked), his stats would be really, really ugly. And as the last at bat shows, he basically has fake plate patience. Taking the strikes, swinging at the balls. It pains me to say, but the guy is just not a good player. I'm ready to move on and let someone else start. Let him become someone elses headache.

Starting to think Rickie could use a day off. Give Counsell the start at 2B tomorrow night.

I'm starting to think Rickie could just use a different team.

If he wouldn't have gotten lucky with infield choppers early this year (he led the league in infield hits with 8 last I checked), his stats would be really, really ugly. And as the last at bat shows, he basically has fake plate patience. Taking the strikes, swinging at the balls. It pains me to say, but the guy is just not a good player. I'm ready to move on and let someone else start. Let him become someone elses headache.

Gobias, were you not one of us that was talking about extending Weeks in the "Extend Weeks" thread? Now he is going through a rough patch and you want to "let him become someone elses headache." Just curious. I mean, I am frustrated with his play as of late, but I don't want to give up on him. I still think he is gonna have a good season.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Gobias, were you not one of us that was talking about extending Weeks in the "Extend Weeks" thread? Now he is going through a rough patch and you want to "let him become someone elses headache." Just curious. I mean, I am frustrated with his play as of late, but I don't want to give up on him. I still think he is gonna have a good season.

Yeah, I definitely was. But after watching him lately, I think I was wrong. He basically looks like the same player he always was, which imo isn't something to settle for.

If anything happens tomorrow, I doubt it's Dougs doing. He'd probably be let go with Macha if something happens.

I'd personally let the Melvin/Macha duo go until the end of June. If we aren't just a couple back by then, I'd let them go and get a new guy to clean house at the deadline.

Archived