Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-15 Phillies (Blanton) at Brewers (Narveson), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 10-6]

I think every negative comment being made about Macha should be redirected to squarely at Melvin. I'm not sure what Macha is supposed to do. Melvin has assembled a starting rotation that can barely go 5 full innings. It's May 15th and our bullpen is already overworked. And what do we have, TWO reliable relievers? Every day can't be a routine of the starter getting yanked in the sixth with Villy and Coffey pitching the remaining four innings.

We have starting pitchers who don't go deep and a bullpen that's overworked and not very good. It's not the end of the world if he lets a 29 year old pitcher go 130 pitches when the alternatives are so contrary to winning.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dear God. I walked away and they had Narvy at 108 pitches through 5. I figure that no way is Macha stupid enough to let him go the 6th.

Macha's stupidity proved me wrong again. Okay. Last time I'll say this. Yost would not have let this happen, as Ned had 110 as a limit for pitchers most days, unless their names were Sheets and Davis and showed they deserved to occasionally go past that. His use of Gallardo these two years has been laughable, and now he's trying to ruin Narvy. I'm losing interest. Last year--beginning around June 1st--was the least fun I've had as a Brewers fan since I became a fan in '91. But this year's ineptitude has me thinking about quitting on the team again. At least in the Lopes years, the teams tried. At this point I'm convinced Macha is the worst manager in Brewers history

I think every negative comment being made about Macha should be redirected to squarely at Melvin. I'm not sure what Macha is supposed to do. Melvin has assembled a starting rotation that can barely go 5 full innings. It's May 15th and our bullpen is already overworked. And what do we have, TWO reliable relievers? Every day can't be a routine of the starter getting yanked in the sixth with Villy and Coffey pitching the remaining four innings.

We have starting pitchers who don't go deep and a bullpen that's overworked and not very good. It's not the end of the world if he lets a 29 year old pitcher go 130 pitches when the alternatives are so contrary to winning.

Just wanted to say fantastic post.

Also, it's no fun to watch.

You may run like Mays...

It may not be the end of the world but letting your starter throw 130 pitches is reckless and stupid. Doesn't matter how overworked the pen is.

Edmonds would have never gotten within 15 feet of that gaper. he would have just turned around and started jogging to the warning track.
That is really funny, because it is so true. If Edmonds ever steps foot in CF again I will be very disappointed. Of course Grandpa Macha will continue to trot him out there. I have no problem with Edmonds playing RF, but only Gomez and Gerut should get time in CF. With Gomez getting the majority. And the way Corey Hart is playing defense and swinging the bat right now I hope Edmonds and Gerut get the majority of the starts in RF.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Its time for a flat out rebuild. Replace Macha immediately and start trading off the veterans with value. We also must make a decision on Fielder, either he signs or we have to trade him now. There is no use in pretending that this team is a contender in any way.

That was some play by Gerut in center. It totally made watching the game while I should have been studying worth it. It kinda hurt, though, to see Vargas cough up five runs, especially when Hart crushed that pitch for a three-run home run.

I want a manager who plays to win the game at hand.
Please tell me this was supposed to be in blue.
That was weird. I didn't see the post right above mine. Mine was not a reply to that one.

No, I don't want Macha to let his starter throw 130 pitches! I just meant I want a manager who's smart enough to give his team a chance to win once in a while.

If nothing else, Weeks is due. It is too bad our pitching staff put us in a position where it would take 11 runs to win.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived