Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-15 Phillies (Blanton) at Brewers (Narveson), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 10-6]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macha was kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. Pitcher leading off the inning and a short bench made shorter by Edmunds going out.

He tried to push CN for 1 more inning and got burned.

As with most of Macha's decisions it didn't work out well.

Macha was kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. Pitcher leading off the inning and a short bench made shorter by Edmunds going out.

He tried to push CN for 1 more inning and got burned.

As with most of Macha's decisions it didn't work out well.

Not really he could have just double switched put Inglett in RF not like there is a difference between Inglett and Hart.

In watching Narveson, he's been very solid but seems to tire around 80 pitches. I'm sure he can get deeper into games over time. Today seems quite ridiculous. I know Macha is worried about the pen, but we did just have a day off and it was a one run game. Why not throw Trevor out there...at least he's fresh! Just don't get it.

Mark Grace, for all his idiotic blathering, had a very good point about Narveson: the stat line looks ugly, but he pitched a heck of a game. He had to get what sure felt like twelve outs in the first two innings, and but for a ball Fielder should have had (Utley's double that bounced under his glove) and Zaun's error, he would not have tired so soon. Nine Ks, too.

All I have to say is BOOOOOOOOO. 130 pitches is fine if your going for a shutout and it's the ninth. Although, if you're throwing well you probably don't need 130. Probably won't make a difference in the game one way or another but thats just flat out stupid. If you don't have guys in your bullpen you can trust then get some new guys in there, tired or not!! Guess I had more to say than I thought. BOOOOOOO!!!

On that note, I get to go to an art gallery opening now that's featuring one of my friends. Both brewer runs have scored when I've been away from the TV, so heres hoping.
I'm afraid it's time for Soup. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived