Brewer Fanatic

Ned Yost new manager of Kansas City Royals

Invader3K
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yost is a solid hire for a team that will need to rely developing prospects to succeed. If a guy like Moustakas comes up and struggles, he's still gonna get a lot of at bats with Yost at the helm.

Is it smart for a small-market team to blow half their budget on coffee? We'll soon find out.
I hear he's being paid completely with Starbucks Gift Cards. I wish I owned that Starbucks at Hwy 40 & Blue Ridge Road...according to the Starbucks website, that's the closest one to the stadium. I hope they know enough to staff up for the onslaught.

Is it smart for a small-market team to blow half their budget on coffee? We'll soon find out.
I hear he's being paid completely with Starbucks Gift Cards. I wish I owned that Starbucks at Hwy 40 & Blue Ridge Road...according to the Starbucks website, that's the closest one to the stadium. I hope they know enough to staff up for the onslaught.
Starbucks went down 3.3% today. Perhaps they heard winds of Yost changing to Dunkin'...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Other than potentially Gamel, what young players has Macha ruined?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Gallardo's pitch counts were outrageous last season before Peterson reigned him in. Escobar is basically being punished for every cold streak which compounds the situation. I don't have time to delve deep into peak performance right now, but Macha basically creates the anti peak environment for prospects with his over emphasis on production.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The Gamel stuff is silly too. Mat simply was not as good as other options, and thus, did not play much.

He often does not hit well in the 2nd half, and has been hurt this season. Last year was not a rebuilding season, as they were in 1st place until the pitching injuries/woes hit. The idea of throwing kids out there just to get them AB's is ridiculous. Many young players do not play everyday when they first come up, as they are not the best player for the job. The idea it will hurt Gamel years down the road? Not just untrue, but without merit.

Al, that's simply fallacious! He was far better an option than Hall last year. Last year's 3b jam:

-McGehee playing 2nd base...no threat

-Counsell had knee damage and should have been playing a bit less in the first half

-Hall couldn't hit after April

-Gamel surprised us with some walks, some good at bats, and better-than-advertised defense. The only knock was the strike three's looking that were killing his average.

In a given day, Counsell was a better option. But Mat should have started 3-4 days per week. I hated how last year he would have a good day at the plate and in the field, then not see game action for 3 days.

Parra not in the rotation and tanking last year could possibly be laid at the feet of Macha as well. I wouldn't blame Macha for Parra tanking but it is definitely his choice to use him at the mop-up guy.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Maybe this has been posted, but here is Zack Greinke's quote on the Yost hiring

"I'm guessing he was the manager of the Rockies, but I guess it could have been the Brewers because he looks like he would be a manager of the Brewers. So that's how much I know about him."

I find it really funny that anyone could look like a Brewer manager.

I find it really funny that anyone could look like a Brewer manager.
Yeah, I wonder if Ken Macha looks like a Brewer manager? I'm sure a little bit, since he's in the uniform and all.

Verified Member
i'd take Ned. Ned's decisions ruin individual games, where I see Macha's irresponsible use of the bullpen and handling of younger players as season-killers.

anybody see Macha as the next guy to go? and then what about Sveum?

Ned Yost was awful. Reading all the stuff about Macha here reminds me of the JSonline forums. Younger players will likely get less time with the next manager. I suppose then everyone will say he's bad and want him gone. The bullpen has been used irresponsibly? I think he's been doing great.

Formerly AKA Pete

Verified Member
valpocrewsader wrote:

there's a brain working under the surface and not just monkeys picking fleas off each other.

That's debatable.

When? By whom?

And fan is not short for fanatic. This isn't the 19th century.

Formerly AKA Pete

I'd take Yost over Macha any day of the week and twice on Sundays. At least the man has passion - I'm not even convinced Macha has a pulse. Give him a fiddle, because I sure as shinola don't see him doing much else during this current swoon...

Archived