Brewer Fanatic

Ned Yost new manager of Kansas City Royals

Invader3K

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait for the first "Zacky pitched great" sound bite or the first 360 F-Bomb when they're getting blown out by a team from the AL East. This is one of the most exciting things I've seen since the Royals signed Jason Kendall. This pairing is just so fitting on so many levels.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think this might actually be a better move than some people think. The Royals stink and the writing was on the wall that Hillman wasn't going to make it through the whole season. Yost did a good job moving the Brewers from being a bad team to being respectable (I'm not giving him all the credit for that, but they did improve). He might actually be a good fit down there right now.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I agree with that Invader. Yost is actually a good fit for a bad team that will be looking to play a lot of young players until they get better. We know Yost wasn't the whole reason for the Brewers turnaround. But he was a really important piece into getting them respectable again. And some could easily argue he would still be a better fit than our current manager.

Verified Member

If I were a Royals fan, I would be jumping off a ledge right now. It's bad enough that the front office is a failure, but now they also have an incompetent doofus running the team in the dugout. I feel really bad for their fans.

I still think Brewers fans should file a class-action lawsuit against Ned Yost for costing us the 2007 division title. I have never seen a worse managing job in my life.

Yes patient Ned who benched Hardy after 6 weeks and had Hart buried behind Kevin Mench. Yost who got Eveland kicked out of the organization and never gave Mike Adams a fair chance.

Thats a little unfair to say I think. I know, at least, I wasnt the only one yelling "Take him out of the game already" at the tv. I wonder how much was Yost loving Kevin Mench or Melvin's penchant for veterans. But I definitely agree with you about Mike Adams.

I can't wait for his first "If you understood the game of baseball" speech to the KC media.
I can't wait to read Joe Posnanski's thoughts on the hiring.

Or Ned's attitude.

Or some general Nedisms.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think it's a good move for the Royals. He should give that young team a pulse and get them to play some competitive baseball. He'll be fine until the team actually becomes competitive and there are higher expectations. But it's gonna take a while to get that far.

i like Ned on the Royals. he's a great rah-rah manager to boost the confidence and emotions of a struggling team. he's not the numbers guy for a potential division-winner, but he's ideal to manage the Royals. i think he'll do well there.

Archived