Brewer Fanatic

Phillies get Three Extra Home Games?

Looked through a few pages and did not see this mentioned elsewhere, sorry if I simply missed it. But apparently because of worries about security during the G20 the Phillies/Jays series in Toronto has been moved. The article I'll link at the end states that Selig felt it was, "the only option." Seems rather weak to me. Isn't there still a stadium in like, oh, Montreal, or Winnipeg...or some site that at least favors the Jays a bit more? Personally, I have some friends in Motreal who are rather annoyed, as they would have loved a chance to see live baseball again, but. Moving the games in general sucks, but to the opposing ballpark?

Note: The Jays will still bat last, and they will use the DH.

Thoughts?

Phillies Jays Series Moved

Community Moderator

The Jays are near the bottom of the league in attendance, and this was expected to be one of their highest-attended series of the season. If Halladay pitched in that series, it likely would have drawn well over double their average attendance.

Archived