Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-12 Braves (Lowe) at Brewers (Gallardo), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-2]

I would really love to see a fellow announcer jump on there co-worker just once for saying something pretty stupid. Davey Nelson just made a comment like "Halladay's is looking good, looks like he's shutting out the Red Sox..right?" Corey responds with "Yup, Colorado" instead of "Red Sox? Huh?....a Davey, Halladay is not with Toronto any more. You should probably be aware of that if you are in the broadcast booth."

Yeah, that was what set me off. It'd be one thing if this was just a random slip-up, but this is the norm for Davey Nelson. Cory alone would be better than this.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are all the cries for Jody Gerut playing time??

He should be playing instead of Inglett, and he should definitely be in CF instead of Edmonds and his teacup range.

It's not his fault that the manager can't realize that the 30 year old who's an above average defensive OF might be better than the 40 year old who can't run.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Okay, now I'm talking myself out of depression. The Crew still has a winning record in May. There are many, many games left. Braun should be back playing soon. As should Gomez. Just forget about this series and start playing better. Please, Brewers. I want to care about you in July and August. Help me out.

Where are all the cries for Jody Gerut playing time??

He should be playing instead of Inglett, and he should definitely be in CF instead of Edmonds and his teacup range.

It's not his fault that the manager can't realize that the 30 year old who's an above average defensive OF might be better than the 40 year old who can't run.

Yeah he's had a great game

I would really love to see a fellow announcer jump on there co-worker just once for saying something pretty stupid. Davey Nelson just made a comment like "Halladay's is looking good, looks like he's shutting out the Red Sox..right?" Corey responds with "Yup, Colorado" instead of "Red Sox? Huh?....a Davey, Halladay is not with Toronto any more. You should probably be aware of that if you are in the broadcast booth."

Classic Davey Nelson. That's his shtick.

Hoffman is a gamer. Wow.

All it takes is a Menard's Big Inning winner to force extra innings.

I'm really glad there's a day off tomorrow. Maybe everyone can relax, Braun can get healthy, and the team can start playing like they did against LA and Arizona for a couple of weeks.

Anyone feeling some sort of change or shake up coming on the off day tomorrow? I could see something happening...not sure what

Other than Macha making a slight change to his nap schedule (combining his late morning and early afternoon nap into one super-nap), I don't see any changes until its too late. Who really cares anyway. We have a 40+ year old closer who can't get three outs without giving up damage, a 37 year-old setup guy that lost his best pitch, one good starter, one reliable starter, a 1B who thinks he's worth $200M while OPSing under .750 and playing awful defense, a 40+ year-old center fielder, the best player took a 96mph heater on his elbow and nothing was even remotely done about it, a hitting coach who thinks a good game plan is to make the opposing pitcher get his pitches up and hit them as hard as you can (LOL), and on and on... I just don't care much anymore. Where's the vent thread. This isn't 2009, bring back the vent thread!

Community Moderator

What a gross day. I too hate listening to Davey. He's so bad! He must be friends with someone up in the Brewers ranks or they are affraid to fire him. I do't know why else he'd be in there. I think Rickie Weeks could do better in the box than Davey. Seriously.

Hoffman is so bad right now. We def need to stir things up sooner then later!

I second the vent thread idea. This team is practically made for it. It's really frustrating to watch them look like a borderline contender one week and then like the worst team in the league the next. They're not either, clearly, but there seems to be no fire during these rough stretches.

Wow, my first game attended of the year and it was not fun. I thought Gallardo was pretty solid though, 6 IP with 6 K's and only 2 ER. The offense was not really heard from and the bullpen was awful, as they were the entire series. Just a really bad game to see live in person.

I couldn't believe Gerut tried stealing 3B in that situation and I can't believe Parra threw that 0-2 fastball right down the middle. Did he shake Zaun off or did Zaun call that pitch?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I was at the game last night as well as the one today. I did not really see anything remotely resembling good Brewers baseball in that period of less than 24 hours. Also, to rub salt in the wound, I have Lowe on my fantasy team and stupidly did not start him today (gee, I figured the Brewers might be playing to avoid the sweep).

This team is just looking like a mess. The pitching is bad more often than not, the defense looks very undisciplined, and the hitting is wildly inconsistent. That is hard to say after they swept the D-backs, but ground is being lost quickly. I doubt the Phillies are going to come into town looking to roll over. Something needs to be done soon.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Anyone feeling some sort of change or shake up coming on the off day tomorrow? I could see something happening...not sure what

Other than Macha making a slight change to his nap schedule (combining his late morning and early afternoon nap into one super-nap), I don't see any changes until its too late. Who really cares anyway. We have a 40+ year old closer who can't get three outs without giving up damage, a 37 year-old setup guy that lost his best pitch, one good starter, one reliable starter, a 1B who thinks he's worth $200M while OPSing under .750 and playing awful defense, a 40+ year-old center fielder, the best player took a 96mph heater on his elbow and nothing was even remotely done about it, a hitting coach who thinks a good game plan is to make the opposing pitcher get his pitches up and hit them as hard as you can (LOL), and on and on... I just don't care much anymore. Where's the vent thread. This isn't 2009, bring back the vent thread!

I appreciate this post, I feel the same.(sorry for the 1 liner but I'm granted it being my first post in probably a year - usually just lurk)

In the superstition department, the Braves may have written themselves a ticket to a tailspin when the coaching staff donned sweep suits for their flight back to Atlanta.

This comes too late to help the Brewers, of course, and any hit to their karma that results will probably be all resolved by July 15.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived