Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-12 Braves (Lowe) at Brewers (Gallardo), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-2]

i really hate everything about this team today. the baserunning, their ABs, the fact that heyward fired one off yo's ankle, the contrast between the braves fundamentals and the brewers ineptitiude, the false hope, the lazy crowd and esp davey nelson. how in the world does this guy have a job in broadcasting.

to borrow from BA, davey is 'some kind of' announcer

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i really hate everything about this team today. the baserunning, their ABs, the fact that heyward fired one off yo's ankle, the contrast between the braves fundamentals and the brewers ineptitiude, the false hope, the lazy crowd and esp davey nelson. how in the world does this guy have a job in broadcasting.

I am starting to feel this way more times than not with this team. Even when they win 17-3, I don't really care much about the game. Yay, they scored a lot of runs, woohoo. Apathy toward the Brewers may be unavoidable for me this year. I need a nap, badly. So... very... sleepy... [snoring noise].

Parra has to be comming to the end of his rope here,and what a stupid base running mistake by JODY WHAT ARE U THINKING.

Another Homestand and here comes the Brooms. They better wake up soon. Anyone think our bullpen is ready to collapse from the overload of work. PS BAD DEFENSE BAD Base Running BAD pitching all make for a BAD BALL CLUB

I am starting to feel this way more times than not with this team. Even when they win 17-3, I don't really care much about the game. Yay, they scored a lot of runs, woohoo. Apathy toward the Brewers may be unavoidable for me this year. I need a nap, badly. So... very... sleepy... [snoring noise].

2-run hr and my radio is off now. a considerable move given im at work

Well, I'm out until the road trip. A couple of college graduations to go to this weekend starting will be a nice diversion from this mess. I know it's just coincidence, but given what it seems usually happens with the Crew on national TV I'm guessing the diversion will be a welcome one.

And not only that, but they can't get an important hit or hold when the need one. I mean, in comes CV, a guy who's been good, and gives two big runs in an 8th inning when putting up a zero is absolutely necessary. Throw in the anti-clutch baserunning, and you're talking about a really awful stretch. I don't understand how you can win 5 of 6 and then turn and get spanked at home. I mean, the no Braun thing surely did not help, but wow. Is it too much to ask to at least give yourself a chance at a dramatic win?

My oh my.

Ya, it's hard for me to get emotionally involved with the Brewers yet this season. I just find myself not caring that much. Had the Bucks which I was really invested in this year and when that came to an end, I just haven't been able to get very excited about this team. They're so inconsistent. I still watch to see Braun and Prince(more so Casey this year) but they need to flip the switch soon. It's depressing.

I mean, in comes CV, a guy who's been good, and gives two big runs in an 8th inning when putting up a zero is absolutely necessary.

He's been over worked though. There are so many things going wrong that it's having a trickle down effect on the whole team.

I've got no problems with CV. I just think the bullpen as a whole has been pretty terrible, and it wouldn't hurt to bring in a new arm or two. Like Axford or Braddock.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

If they don't can Davey Nelson I may need to stop listening to games. He's excruciatingly awful. He never adds an interesting take or angle on anything - he basically repeats what Cory says but in a very inarticulate jumbled mess. The guy just plain can't speak on the air - television OR radio. He needs to go.

I would really love to see a fellow announcer jump on there co-worker just once for saying something pretty stupid. Davey Nelson just made a comment like "Halladay's is looking good, looks like he's shutting out the Red Sox..right?" Corey responds with "Yup, Colorado" instead of "Red Sox? Huh?....a Davey, Halladay is not with Toronto any more. You should probably be aware of that if you are in the broadcast booth."

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived