Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-11 Braves (Hudson) at Brewers (Bush), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-3]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to post this when BA said this but I had to chuckle/throw up a little when I heard this:

"This is the first time since 2008 that Edmonds has ever hit 3rd."

Really now BA, you dont say. I thought Edmonds might have hit 3rd once or twice on his year off in '09.

It seems like nearly every time we lose, Weeks has had a bad game. He's 0-8 in the series, and we've now lost two in a row. Just saying.
And coincidentally in his last at bat with us down 7 he was swinging for an 8 run HR with nobody on base

It seems like nearly every time we lose, Weeks has had a bad game. He's 0-8 in the series, and we've now lost two in a row. Just saying.
And coincidentally in his last at bat with us down 7 he was swinging for an 8 run HR with nobody on base
Everybody does that on this team when we are down that much. They don't get good AB's when they are down a lot.

I'm just embarrassed to allow this many runs back to back nights against a bad offense. They haven't score many runs at all this year.

For a game in which no official errors have been charged, the Brewers have played terrible defense. Atrocious infield defense tonight. There are seriously less than 2,000 people left at the stadium right now. I am sticking this one out. 9 run rally? LOL.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I've commented before on trivia contest atrocities, but tonight the off-field atrocity was "Guess the Attendance." Here is what I wrote on the back of my ticket stub, for posterity:

Sham attendance guesses:

The "answer" was 30,678, which I think translated into around 10,000 no-shows.

It was so empty that for about the last hour of the game, we were the only fans in our section - not just the terrace box, but also the terrace reserved section behind us. By that time, we could hear Cory's radio call echoing from the terrace concourse.

It had a creepy 2003 vibe. And that doesn't even include the on-field results!

It's sad that Dave Bush arguably had the most competent outing of the Brewers' pitchers tonight, yet got the loss.

Rather than comment further, I'll just say that the Brewers are lucky to have me as a fan, and while I would like to get a fruit basket from them in exchange for staying the whole 3:31, I would settle for a piece of fruit, or some acknowledgement of my fan effort. It would be nice if our ticket rep were reading this.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yeah hawing, it was eerily empty in the 400 level the last hour of the game. I think that's the first time I ever was able to get out of 400 without standing in line for a while after the game. I too would appreciate a fruit basket, but what I would appreciate more is not being swept today, lol.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

We left this one after the 7th inning, and were sure glad we did. Got home by 11 and got a good night's rest.

You can't blame Macha for this one. The defense was atrocious, as was the hitting. I think Prince missed about three plays I think virtually any other 1B in the league would have made. Escobar and Weeks did not seem to be bringing their "A" game either.

I will be there again today. Derek Lowe has been pitching terribly (I would know since he's on my fantasy team...no, I'm not starting him today). Time to man up and avoid a sweep, Brewers.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It does seem, as Rickie Weeks goes, so go the Milwaukee Brewers.

Never helps when Braun is not in the lineup as well.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

thablingster has a point. Our eventual exit from the park was possibly the quickest ever, coming from the terrace. Usually it's already slow heading down the stairs from terrace to loge, then really slows down as loge people feed into the stairwell. There was no slowdown last night.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived