Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-11 Braves (Hudson) at Brewers (Bush), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-3]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gorman, I wasnt intending to be condescending. I thought you were disappointed in the double play ball. Not the pitch selection.

Gotcha. Just seems like one of those games where every little bounce is going the Braves way and none of them are going the Brewers way. I was disappointed in all of it

Weird game. Hudson has been vulnerable, yet we can't take advantage. Bush seemed shaky, yet many of the balls hit off him were dribblers. Microcosm of the season...I just can't figure it out.

Totally. This may seem strange with all the blown games late and now with this game not all that close, but for me this has been the most frustrating game of the year to this point.

Another loss for Dave Bush. Another week of hearing about "how much he sucks" from sports talk radio and other random idiots.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Verified Member
Very irritating game tonight. The pitching is failing, the clutch hitting is terrible, and the TV announcers only care about chit-chatting with Bruce Froeming and don't seem to be interested in what's actually happening on the field. It's like being at a movie theater and the people next to you are carrying on a side conversation the whole time.

C'mon Froemming...I've been listening to you babble all night...step up and admit that ump was out of position, even if he did get the call right.

OK, I'm getting salty.

I'm still not sure he ever touched the plate. You can see Zaun's foot right there.

Horrible positioning as you mentioned. I honestly don't care about the umpires this much either.

It's like being at a movie theater and the people next to you are carrying on a side conversation the whole time.

First laugh I've had all night.

I'd love for someone to pipe up and admit, you umps are humans try your best, but make mistakes. You also tend to have big egos and carry grudges and baseball would be far better off with robots. Maybe someday Brain and Bill will have Fox Trax in the booth...they have more credibility.

So as predicted, putting 3 lefties in a row failed so much.
Not a ton of options with Braun out and Gomez on the DL and Inglett, Counsell, and Stern being lefties.

If you hit Escobar 2nd you have 2 of your 4 right handed hitters (not including the pitcher) batting 1, 2...

Yeah, but you could have moved McGehee or Hart to the top of the lineup, or even Escobar could have moved up. Heck, you could have put Zaun in there and he could have batted right handed against a lefty. I'm not saying all of these options would be a good thing, but McGehee probably should have been in the 3 with Edmonds in the 5 at least.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Yeah, but you could have moved McGehee or Hart to the top of the lineup, or even Escobar could have moved up. Heck, you could have put Zaun in there and he could have batted right handed against a lefty. I'm not saying all of these options would be a good thing, but McGehee probably should have been in the 3 with Edmonds in the 5 at least.
So say you move McGehee to 3rd and move Edmonds to 5th, you'd have Weeks, Gerut, McG, Fielder, Edmonds, Zaun, Hart, Escobar, Bush. So you still have 3 lefties stacked. You can't set the line up in this situation for what might happen later versus a reliever. You have to set it for what lines up best against the guy that will most likely be in there for 5 or more innings

But Zaun is a switch hitter, so when it would matter, he would be a righty.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived