Brewer Fanatic

Perfect Game or Multiple No Hitters

zzzmanwitz

If you were a major league pitcher, would you rather have a single perfect game or multiple no hitters?

I think I'd rather have multiple no hitters, it shows ability to dominate on multiple occasions rather than just one day.

I'd rather be Mark Buehrle and have both...

But if I had to choose, I'd pick a perfect game. We've had 2 in the past 10 months so it can be easy to forget that 27 up 27 down has only happened 19 times EVER. No hitters are awesome, but a little overrated in my opinion (especially when a guy walks 5+ batters).

I can name all of the perfect games (including Wisconsin native, HOFer and UW-Madison alum Addie Joss in 1908), they have a very special place in baseball history and lock you into the history books forever. The same is not true about multiple no-hitters even if it is more impressive.

I'd rather have 100 shutouts. No hitter's have never done it for me. Very few of the most impressive games I've seen pitched resulted in no hitters and some no hitters weren't very impressive games (one of Buehrle's comes to mind).

Archived