Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-10 Braves (Hanson) at Brewers (Davis), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-2]

Yo soy Gameday tonight http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. It's an earned run for Manny, because the batter is his sole responsibility. Doesn't matter what happened before then. However, it IS an unearned run for the team.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not really that excited about Suppan or Parra taking Davis spot.

I'd rather have Parra starting than Davis.

To me they seem to be the same pitcher, Parra just throws harder. They both walk a ton of guys and nibble. But yes, Parra has better stuff and if he would ever get the most of his talent he could be pretty good.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

just curious about 2 things how many in the stands tonight and how far is Cappy away from Milwaukee?
I would guess Cappy is not close to coming up. He has only thrown a few innings at A+ ball. I would think he would need awhile in AAA before they even considered bringing him up. IMO.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I hate watching this team bat when down in a game like this. They have very few of what I would call "good at-bats" and strike out a ton. It just makes a bad loss that much more difficult to take.
Yup, that is why I hate when we get down. After they get down they sometimes go through the motions and just give at bats away. I know I seen a stat the other day that they are way over .500 when they score first and have only won 1or 2 games when the other team scores first. Crazy.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm rooting for Cappy as much as the next guy but there are way too many unanswered questions yet with him to start penciling him into the rotation.

I wish Parra would just always pitch like he did the 8th. FB around 93, hitting the corners, breaking pitches low... he'd be a stud. After giving up the granny we probably won't see him for week.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The funny thing is, Davis was pitching quite well for the first several innings. Yeah, he walked some guys, but nobody was making solid contact, so he could afford it. As someone earlier said, he was one out away from a quality start, even with the shakiness in the 6th. It goes to show how fine a line there can sometimes be between a good game and a bad game.

It did seem like Hanson was given a better strike zone than Davis, but I don't think it was going to matter, anyway. The kid was filthy tonight. His breaking/off speed stuff is really good.

Watching Davis at the game after 5 innings I pleaded for them to pinch hit for him. His pitch count was still manageable, but you could tell he was losing it as the balls were quickly creeping up on the strikes. Cue the big inning. Granted, the Weeks error hurt, but it was fairly evident Davis was nearing the end of the line.

Hanson was dealing tonight, no real way around that. It was just kind of one of those go get 'em next time games.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was in attendance tonight, it was a boring crowd, and I said at the time it was the smallest crowd I'd seen in a quite time.

I can't harp on Davis, he pitched well enough. Weeks doesn't make that error and it is very easily 6 IP, 2 ERs for Davis. I'll take that every day.

Yeah, watching the Braves telecast, the crowd seemed REALLY quiet.

That was very weird with Weeks last night. He's been pretty solid in the field. The first error was fluky - if I remember right it looked like the ball slipped out when he was transferring it from his glove to his hand. The second was a straight-up boot. But oh, well. Everyone has their hiccups sometimes. I don't get mad if someone messes up. If they mess up because they aren't trying, that's a different story.

Yeah, watching the Braves telecast, the crowd seemed REALLY quiet.

That was very weird with Weeks last night. He's been pretty solid in the field. The first error was fluky - if I remember right it looked like the ball slipped out when he was transferring it from his glove to his hand. The second was a straight-up boot. But oh, well. Everyone has their hiccups sometimes. I don't get mad if someone messes up. If they mess up because they aren't trying, that's a different story.

It was a bad game for Weeks last night, but at least the bad games seem further apart for him this season. I'm sure Randolph will keep working with him on the defensive side of things.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived