Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-10 Braves (Hanson) at Brewers (Davis), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-2]

Doug Davis does not try very hard normally at the plate. He could possibly be as bad batting as Ben Sheets was. But that sac bunt attempt was terrible. To give himself a chance to tie this game, perhaps earn the win with where his pitch count is........that effort is not good enough.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for sending McCann, that was nice.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

If Davis continues to pitch the way he has this season, how long before he gets released? Or because he is one of the big FA signings this offseason will he make 32 starts and finish with a 6.50 ERA?

I can't get myself too worked up about this right now. Hanson is one of the best young pitchers in the league -- it's not like this offense is getting shut down by the John Ely's of the world again. Top of the 6th was bad, but Davis was one out away from getting a quality start and keeping the Brewers in the game. Parra made a bad pitch and got burned.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I can't get myself too worked up about this right now. Hanson is one of the best young pitchers in the league -- it's not like this offense is getting shut down by the John Ely's of the world again. Top of the 6th was bad, but Davis was one out away from getting a quality start and keeping the Brewers in the game. Parra made a bad pitch and got burned.
Well said crewcrazy. It's a good glass half full point of view. And we did just win 5 of 6. I guess the most frustrating thing is that we seem to get pounded at home and when this team gets down, they seem to just go through the motions.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I think Davis will get at least a few more starts. If they do release him who do you throw into the rotation? I'm not really that excited about Suppan or Parra taking Davis spot.

Maybe a few starts and if he fails Cappy? We would have to see how Cappy does in AAA of course.

Archived