Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-09 Non-Brewers in-game thread: Dallas Braden is perfect

Baldkin

Community Moderator

yeah, it'll be interesting to hear/read the quotes from A-Rod now. If he blows it off to whatever excuse he gives, he definitely will be getting plunked in July.

I had to switch off the Brewer game to see the ending but I saw the final 2 outs. What's the significance with the Braden Section 209 that the A's feed kept showing? Anybody know?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Alex's response: "Good for him. He threw a perfect game, and even better, he beat the Rays."

Congrats to Braden, too bad he's such a twit.

I had to switch off the Brewer game to see the ending but I saw the final 2 outs. What's the significance with the Braden Section 209 that the A's feed kept showing? Anybody know?

When asked recently about the Alex situation, he said "We don't do much talking in the 209." It's where he's from in California. I loved CC's response to that btw: “He's a clown,” CC Sabathia said of Braden. “Guy says he's from the 209, what the [bleep] is that? That's where I'm from and I don't know what he's talking about. Two-oh-nine. He needs to just calm down - put that in the paper. That's just tired.”

I listened to Sheets pitch yesterday, and the A's announcers talked a lot about the 209 promo. It's Braden's hometown area code and seats in that section where half off today and you got a free auto'd t-shirt from Braden or something. The way they talked it up yesterday, it sounds like it's very similar to the bucket head brigade sections from a few years ago at Miller Park (which seemed to have an unhealthy love for Lyle OOOOOOOOOOOverbay)
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

"As Braden celebrated the feat, Sunday night's Yankee starter, A.J. Burnett, was alone in the Fenway clubhouse and watched Braden. As Braden hugged an older looking woman, Burnett said out loud, to no one in particular, "Grandma, don't cross my mound."

I'm sorry but I don't really like that this was moved here. The other forum is frequented by a lot more people, and I don't really get it. There have been 19 of these in the history of this game, it is a pretty big deal. If I were visiting the site I would expect to see it in the major league forum and wouldn't bother checking here. I don't understand the rationale, but whatever. Just my opinion.

I'm sorry but I don't really like that this was moved here. The other forum is frequented by a lot more people, and I don't really get it. There have been 19 of these in the history of this game, it is a pretty big deal. If I were visiting the site I would expect to see it in the major league forum and wouldn't bother checking here. I don't understand the rationale, but whatever. Just my opinion.

I have to agree with OSS on this one. It really deserves a thread in the MLB forum.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Guy seems like a real prick after his beef with ARod, so I was praying for Kapler to break it up in the ninth. I was floored he offered at the 3-1 pitch.
Really? You thought Braden came off as the prick?

I guess it's split about 50/50. I thought A-Rod came out looking worse in that situation...

Guy seems like a real prick after his beef with ARod, so I was praying for Kapler to break it up in the ninth. I was floored he offered at the 3-1 pitch.
Really? You thought Braden came off as the prick?

I guess it's split about 50/50. I thought A-Rod came out looking worse in that situation...

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of a guy who thinks he's some big protector of the unwritten rules in baseball. The reason they're "unwritten" is mainly because they are mind numbingly stupid.

I think Arod is a pretty arrogant dude, but for some reason I kind of admired the way he needled Braden in the press. Unfortunately for him, Braden came up huge today, and Arod acknowledged that.

Community Moderator
It'd be pretty funny if Braden, when he takes the mound in New York, trots out of the dugout and goes and stomps on third base a couple of times like it's a trampoline. A-Rod probably wouldn't care much at all, but the Bronx crowd would be all over it. It'd be funny to see. Won't happen, but still.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I really hate the Yankees and their "God created us" attitude. Sabathia... I lost a bit of respect with those comments. Guess he is a "true" Yankee now.

Yeah, I agree. The comments by Sabathia seemed out of character, at least based on what we've seen from him when he was in Milwaukee. Kind of disappointing, honestly.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of a guy who thinks he's some big protector of

the unwritten rules in baseball. The reason they're "unwritten" is

mainly because they are mind numbingly stupid.

the nature of superstition, but when it's been done that way for so many decades then maybe it should continue. i like that Braden is sticking up for tradition and calling ARod out on it. the same with that fifth-inning bunt attempt--i would have boo'd, too. respect the game by respecting the unwritten rules, even if they are ridiculous.

Archived