Brewer Fanatic

Why is Brian Anderson getting so many games off this season?

I'm with you guys in your liking of Hawk/Stone. The White Sox were my team growing up in the 90s, so I've listened to him a lot. He's an acquired taste.

As opposed to BA, who sounds good at first, and then after a while you realize he doesn't know the game and he's terrible.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really, Brian?

The Braves score that inning and dont relinquish the lead then Lowe gets the W http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

If errors like this were characteristic of a particular announcer, I think there'd be a legitimate complaint. In this case, I think I'd simply chalk it up as a simple "oops."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It'd definitely be something to watch for. But one also has to figure that these guys have to think on their feet. As fans, we have the chance to ask the person sitting next to us or do the figurative equivalent in the in-game chat; we do that all the time in the room.

Of course, the way the message was framed ("Really, Brian?") seemed over the top; it made something that I'd view as trivial (at least in isolation) sound egregious. It's not in the same category as when Schroeder used to constantly say, "The American League doesn't steal a lot of bases."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Of course, the way the message was framed ("Really, Brian?") seemed over the top

I thought it was fitting, since I find myself (and even my wife) asking that same question multiple times during the game.

It'd definitely be something to watch for. But one also has to figure that these guys have to think on their feet. As fans, we have the chance to ask the person sitting next to us or do the figurative equivalent in the in-game chat; we do that all the time in the room.

Of course, the way the message was framed ("Really, Brian?") seemed over the top; it made something that I'd view as trivial (at least in isolation) sound egregious. It's not in the same category as when Schroeder used to constantly say, "The American League doesn't steal a lot of bases."

As soon as BA made this statement is when I said that to myself and took a little while to decide to put it out here....it was a matter of not knowing the baseball rules of pitchers of when they are still in the game and the score of the game when they are pinch hit for.

That's just one example, there are many others. Unfortunately none come to mind. I just know from watching most Brewers games than Anderson often says something that makes you wonder how much he knows about the game. And I'm not talking about real in-depth stats, or mis-speaking about a game situation (since you do have to think on your feet.) I'm talking about stements he'll make that even a passive fan like my wife or daughter will say "ha???? that's not true is it?"

But what gets me the most is his raised, excited voice for every fly ball. "Hit deeeeeeep to left" No Brian, actually it was a can of corn. But I'll explain that term to you another day.

Archived