Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-09 Brewers (Narveson) at Diamondbacks (Kennedy), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a pretty crappy at bat by Prince
Only the last swing, really. Strike two was borderline, and he watched some close pitches that were balls. I'm a proponent of always taking on 3-0, so I dislike Zaun's approach there.

Second and third no out, and they get nothing. That is frustrating.
I guess I'm going off the theory they were trying to pitch around him later in the AB and the only way he was going to not walk is if he swung at the ball in the dirt. Which he ended up doing. Also, I don't have gameday so I'm not sure but that mix up on the pitch out looked to be a strike.

Zauns AB just.....ARGH

Good call on pitching around him, jason21. I did not factor into that.

Also, Conor Jackson just walked by looking at four straight strikes. The low zone completely disappeared in that AB according to Gameday.

Agreed, obsessed. Macha takes a lot of flak (often rightfully), but that was well-handled. He didn't let a still reasonable pitch count and the fact that the pitcher was coming up 2nd trick into pushing Narveson any further. That was the right call, and it worked. Some insurance would be lovely.

Archived