Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-07 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondbacks (Jackson), 8:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BA, "Great Beard."

That is the kind of observation that gets him the TBS job.

I wonder if that was the same guy that Mark Grace was calling a wooly booger on the Arizona feed. Mark Grace is such a good partner for Daron Sutton.

Community Moderator
I don't think they've come out with a measurement yet, jj. I'm sure it will be artificially low, since we're not at home.
Maybe not, we could see exactly where it landed. It should be relatively easy to measure.

In my 10 plus years of going to games at Bank One/Chase, I have NEVER seen a ball hit onto the concourse/walkway above the left field bleachers like that. They have little "distance markers" on the walkway and in that area of Weeks' HR the distance marker says 470' or something like that. I know this for fact as I've marveled at it many times when walking the concourse, saying, "Nobody's gonna hit one up here during a game . . . "

I've seen them hit to the walkway in centerfield but not over the LF bleachers. Amazing.

edit: and to answer somebody else's question: Yes, all 3 D-Backs outfielders made a nice diving catch to rob Brewers of hits. Gallardo, Villanueva, and the one in the 9th inning.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived