Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-07 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondbacks (Jackson), 8:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricki, is getting hot again,
Friendly question: is there a reason you keep spelling Weeks' first name "Ricki"? I'm not trying to be all grammar police on you. It makes me think of Ricki Lake, is all - which is not necessarily a thought I want to have during ball games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I guess that wild pitch kind of-sort of helped make up for Inglett being thrown out.

Also, the "Diego" nickname has made it easier for some of us not on the Jim Edmonds bandwagon to still cheer him on. I admit that I am part of that group.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm normally a fan of being aggressive about sending guys...one of the reasons I really like Sveum as the 3B coach, but 1 out with the big fella coming up may not be the time to do it. Can't be too harsh on Fisher here...who knows, Inglett may not have scored on the same wild pitch that Braun did.

That is terrible coaching at 3b. NO reason to send him there with Prince coming up...

I was fine with it. It took two perfect throws, and allowed Braun to reach 3rd, which is often overlooked. Would you have posted the same thing if Drew didn't have a perfect throw?

I also like an agressive 3rd base coach......but I dont think its a good idea with your cleanup hitter coming up. Although this season Prince is off to a slower start. Who knows.

Gobias is right, it did take two perfect throws. A good effort. Lets not be mad about that.

Community Moderator

Great play by Zaun--he's come a long way since that awful start.

After seeing the replay, I agree that Inglett scores on that one at least 90% of the time. Probably a good move to send him, but it is always so frustrating to get guys thrown out at home, especially with less than 2 outs.

Hopefully Gallardo is done with 103 pitches.

I hate this ump.
I have not had a big problem with him, mostly because I haven't been watching to close, but DeMuth is one of the bad umpires around the league. Luckily we miss Doug Edding in this series. He always has an inconsistent zone and a chip on his shoulder.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm hoping to see Gallardo come out for the 6th. If he walks another batter then pull him. I think he can handle 120 pitches. That's not really based on anything in particular, but neither are calls to pull him after the magic 100 pitch count, in my opinion.

The D'backs announcers will not stop buzzing over Zaun's play "one of the best plays I've ever seen a catcher make"

With the size of the modern strike zone (basically a paper plate) ....... The difference between a good pitcher and a great pitcher can come down to an umpire. Some of the great pitchers of the old times probably watch today and shake their heads.

Our staff this season, as in most seasons, really need that outside corner to be competitive!

Archived