Brewer Fanatic

Minnesota Twins / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Yeah but Target Field is superior in every way to Miller Park except the roof (which is only really NEEDED may 5 times a year)...
It may be the roof is really "needed" 5 times a year, but there are plenty more times when it's a relief to have a roof. Like when it's 35-40 degrees outside, or when a giant summer storm blows in mid game delaying the game for 90 minutes, then resuming play in the aftermath of a soggy field, soaking seats, and drenched clothing.

I'm glad Target Field is lovely, and can't wait to see it. I agree with your implication that the roof at Miller Park replaces some possible architectural aesthetics that you see at other parks. But really, do we have to get in a pi@@ing match over who's house is prettier? Miller Park is a great place to watch a game.

And those two little features you mentioned are pretty huge for me.

Me too. Living 90 minutes away(assuming good traffic, which you don't get on a game day) it is HUGE that you know a game will be played. I won't argue that Miller Park is aesthetically better than Target Field, but I really don't care. I don't pay money to sit in a seat and look at the skyline.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Ive been to both. Target Field is new and nice...but not better then MP. Different...but not better.

In the Cities there will be 25 games (at least) they will wish the roof was present and closed.

i'll be up there in 2 weeks so i'm going to hold judgement. due to the fact that target field is brand new and miller park is already 10 years old I'd expect it to be nicer. Once the new scoreboard goes in next year the gap should be closer though.

i'll be up there in 2 weeks so i'm going to hold judgement. due to the fact that target field is brand new and miller park is already 10 years old I'd expect it to be nicer. Once the new scoreboard goes in next year the gap should be closer though.
Which reminds me, I overheard a Miller Park employee talking about the new scoreboard at a game I was at a couple weeks ago. Apparently the thing is going to be HUGE. All color, HD, etc. I'm really excited to see it when they finally get it up for next season.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Don't get me wrong I love Miller Park but the park isn't really anything special to look at (boring in fact) and the roof design sort of makes it seem like you are watching baseball inside even when it is open because it is so contained (which was really evident last year during the Twins series when it was hot and muggy). That said I have been to 19 parks and Miller Park is probably like number three on my list but Target Field may be number two (after Kaufman). Tailgating is very important to me which is why KC and Milwaukee rank high. I have been to five games now at Target Field and the place is beyond amazing and the cold isn't really a problem because they literally put in thousands of overhead heaters anywhere and everywhere in the park. One game I had to take off my coat and I was still hot. We also went to the open house where we got to tour every part of the ballpark and we checked out almost every seating level including the firepit area so I have a real good idea of what the ballpark has to offer and I couldn't think of anything they missed. In fact I don't think I would want the roof because I really like open ballparks and I would trade a few cold days for perfect summer evenings outside.

Jim Leyland said that Target Field in his opinion is the number two park in all of baseball after only PNC (which I have not been to).

Which reminds me, I overheard a Miller Park employee talking about the new scoreboard at a game I was at a couple weeks ago. Apparently the thing is going to be HUGE. All color, HD, etc. I'm really excited to see it when they finally get it up for next season.

Lemme put it to you this way(i used to work for the Brewers, and still have friends there). Get your expectations up as high as you can(seriously), cuz even then, this thing is going to BLOW YOU AWAY. It makes the current scoreboard look like a 13 inch black and white tv.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

do we have to get in a pi@@ing match

It's fine to use "pissing" on the board. As a reminder, circumventing the cuss filter is against the rules. Preview your posts and let the filter be your guide.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Going to Target Field on Tuesday (provided the weather is good), and I'm excited. It's tough to compare stadia in such different locations. Target Field has a real downtown vibe going for it, which is great, especially if you don't have tickets and just want to enjoy the atmosphere. Miller is great in that regard as well because you can tailgate in the parking space, or catch one of the shuttles from the local bars. And, yeah, the roof is awesome, but one good thing about postponed games: double-headers.

do we have to get in a pi@@ing match

It's fine to use "pissing" on the board. As a reminder, circumventing the cuss filter is against the rules. Preview your posts and let the filter be your guide.

Oops, sorry about that.

Target field sounds great Einhorn. I like the idea of the heaters for colds days. It's closer to my home than Miller Park, so I usually end up going to more Twins games than Brewer games.

Can't wait to get there. I agree about Miller Park feeling somewhat like the roof is always closed. I have been to a few hot and humid games where the air is so stifling and still that it's really uncomfortable just to sit in the seat. That's when I wish there was no roof so we could feel a little breeze. All in all though, it's worth it to know the game will always be played after I make the 3 hour drive.

Only a game or two might get rained out, but add that to a 1PM starting at 6 and ending at 11, the roof keeping the snow and rain off folks in playable conditions, and the idea you can drive from hours away and not be concerned about weather makes the roof priceless.

The worst part is, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they go with a plan that a roof can't even be added later?

Archived