Brewer Fanatic

Outfield options?

Norris Hopper stinks. Macha brought up Cain's name for a reason I would think. Must mean he's ready to come back.

Just curious endaround. On what are you basing that statement? His .367 career OBP in the majors or his .316 career BA? I know you hate guys with little or no power, but we're talking about a guy to fill in on the bench for a couple weeks, not be the next starting CF. What good would it be for Cain to come up and sit anyway?

What is your fascination with quoting career stats for guys that are either 50 years old or have 50 major league ABs? Hopper hasn't had a "career" in the majors.

My guess is the starting OF will be Braun, Gerut, & Edmonds/Hart. I'm fairly certain Macha will play the inferior defender in CF when both Gerut & Edmonds are in there, though. I'd guess Hopper gets called up, even though I'm hoping for Heether or Stern.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Joe Inglett and Edmonds both starting in the OF tonight? For the love of God, I hope Macha has the brains to give Gerut some regular time. Let's see what he's got for once and for all, because I think he's an OK player. Some guys don't do well pinch hitting and getting 5 starts a month. Let him start for a week or so.

Just to put this out there, I only count 39 players on our 40-man roster, so I would guess that we could add anyone to the 40-man without having to make a separate move to create a spot.
You would use an option when you send him back down though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

This makes me think of the Dusty Baker quote about Norris Hopper from a few years ago talking about how the ball has a special sound when he hits it.

Found it: "Boy, [Norris Hopper] can hit that ball hard. He's a strong little dude. The ball made a loud sound. I use my ears a lot. I can tell what kind of bat speed [he] has by that sound.

If Cain were up today he would be playing in the majority of the games. This isn't like the Gamel situation where Macha soured on Gamel for his lack of work ethic in spring training. Cain, Braddock, and Axford actually got high praises from Macha so I Cain would be the one starting in the OF while Gerut would be sitting on the bench. I don't think Cain is ready right now but if he wouldn't have got hurt last year I think you would have seen Hart non tendered with Cain playing RF at the beginning of the year.

Sounds like Gomez may be playing again before the end of the weekend, so this may be a non-issue.
Got a link here for this?
Er...I may have jumped the gun on that one. The only "source" I have is a summary from ESPN's fantasy baseball player tracker. I would guess a return next week is more realistic at this point.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Verified Member
Going back to last season, it seems like when Gerut gets regular playing time, he produces. Meanwhile, Corey Hart continues to whiff at sliders over the lower outside corner of the plate. I think Corey Hart is now unofficially the 5th outfielder on this team.

That was pretty awesome last night. I've never seen a Brewers player hit for the cycle, and as soon as that double left the bat my only 'concern' was whether or not it'd be a HR. The funny thing is that that was a HR in just about any other park in MLB aside from Minute Maid & Comerica.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived