Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-05 Brewers (Davis) at Dodgers (Billingsley), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-3]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still don't know why Coffey isn't the 8th inning guy. Give Carlos and Hawkins time before the 8th. Coffey is clearly better than Hawkins.
I assumed they were being set up to switch off to keep them both fresh and matchup in innings 6 & 7. But nope.

Verified Member
That Hawkins interaction with Peterson was awesome. "Yeah, yeah, I gave up a single and a walk. Yeah, yeah, settle down and throw strikes. I've only been doing this for 80 years. Go away."

Many a year ago, Uecker said something on the radio about winning streaks. I don't remember it now, maybe one of you will know what I'm talking about, but it went something like winning 1 game is something, 2 in a row is something else, and 3 games in a row is a streak. Let's start that streak tomorrow for Uecker!
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Many a year ago, Uecker said something on the radio about winning streaks. I don't remember it now, maybe one of you will know what I'm talking about, but it went something like winning 1 game is something, 2 in a row is something else, and 3 games in a row is a streak. Let's start that streak tomorrow for Uecker!
My quote was referring to Major League II where the manager says, "Ok, guys. We've won two games in a row. If we win tonight, its called a

winning streak. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

" Maybe that's the one you were thinking of?

Archived