Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-05 Brewers (Davis) at Dodgers (Billingsley), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-3]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Can't wait for the day I no longer have to watch Rickie Weeks play defense for the Brewers....
Really? He's been pretty decent in the field for the last season or two (note: I'm not looking at any stats right now).

On that play, it looked like Weeks thought Edmonds was calling him off or something. There was obviously some reason why Weeks didn't catch the ball - it's not like he dropped it, didn't see it, loafed, etc. He looked at Edmonds and pulled off the pursuit as if he was supposed to give way to the outfielder.

Can't wait for the day I no longer have to watch Rickie Weeks play defense for the Brewers....
Really? He's been pretty decent in the field for the last season or two (note: I'm not looking at any stats right now).

On that play, it looked like Weeks thought Edmonds was calling him off or something. There was obviously some reason why Weeks didn't catch the ball - it's not like he dropped it, didn't see it, loafed, etc. He looked at Edmonds and pulled off the pursuit as if he was supposed to give way to the outfielder.

Really. He has stone hands and a below average IQ out there. I think you're giving him way too much credit in rationalizing this latest gaffe.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Really? He's been pretty decent in the field for the last season or two (note: I'm not looking at any stats right now)

and to be honest you probably shouldn't. Defensive stats will not tell you anything very useful at this point. Nothing predictive I should say. One or two bad plays can really skew things at this point in the season. I agree that Weeks looks much better than he has in years past. I think he has a bad defense label still strapped to him from when he came up and every bad play he makes just reinforces it with some people.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived