Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-05 Brewers (Davis) at Dodgers (Billingsley), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-3]

I know I'm in awe. Before the game I was trying to figure out if we were going to score 0 runs or double digit runs. I had put my money on 0. It looks like we are on our way to a double digit game tonight.

Hawing, I think you just gave me a new word to add to my vocabulary...outcrap, Thanks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, Doug, tonight is not a race to see which starting pitcher can outcrap the other. Don't let the Dodgers back in.
He only gave half of the lead back in the first inning, it is a start. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I feel like Braun might have been able to make a play on that ball.

It looked to me that if he was going to make a play on it he might have to dive, and if it got by him that would have been two runs, instead of one. Would seem like an alright play after scoring four in the first.

Verified Member
Obviously DD didn't do a fantastic job in the 1st, but man, it sure seems like he can't buy any luck. Two of those hits were on pretty nice low pitches that the hitters had to reach for. A couple were down the middle, though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I feel like Braun might have been able to make a play on that ball.

It looked to me that if he was going to make a play on it he might have to dive, and if it got by him that would have been two runs, instead of one. Would seem like an alright play after scoring four in the first.

If that's the case then it's the right play. From the Dodgers video feed it looked like he broke late and pulled up early. In other words it looked like had he timed it better and hussled, he might have made a shoestring catch.

Verified Member
Obviously DD didn't do a fantastic job in the 1st, but man, it sure seems like he can't buy any luck. Two of those hits were on pretty nice low pitches that the hitters had to reach for.
One of the outs was a 370 foot rocket. It tends to even out.

Braun could have had it if he kept going forward. No dive needed.

The single up the middle made me think, have the Brewers become so in love with Escobar's range that they no longer shift much?

Am I correct that the last four half innings have all ended on a grounder to the pitcher??
Bottom of the first and bottom of the second are the only half innings so far that ended on a different play.

Archived