Brewer Fanatic

Scrimmage - Saturday May 15th

valpocrewsader

What do you guys think about a scrimmage Saturday, May15th against Tim/nullbyte's team from work? The wheels are in motion, I think it's just a matter of us having enough guys. Current thought is to do it early afternoon and make it a double-header. Let's start a roll call...

01 valpo

02 nullbyte (although he'll play for either team ... hiyo!)

In other news, the weather for this upcoming weekend looks pretty shakey and Sunday is Mother's Day. Take a pass on this weekend? Try to do a weeknight thing? I'm open to your suggestions, but let's put any non-scrimmage comments in a new thread.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Count me in for Saturday. I'd really like to at least get a practice in on Saturday even if we can't get a scrimmage in. Weekdays won't work for me for the next two weeks. If we don't get enough for a full scrimmage with Tim's other team, I can get probably at least 5 guys from my other team as well.

Can we get any more people? I'd like to start getting a time/location finalized if we have enough. Looking for availability from Iron Chef/Radman/Happy/Juddy or any alternates.

Weather is looking decent at the moment -- 59, sunny, 20% chance of rain.

Tim, is your other team going to be able to make it? I was holding off on asking guys from my other team until we heard back from you on that. I didn't want us to end up having way too many show up.

Are we going to have this scrimmage at Dyer? What time were we thinking? 12? 1?

01 valpo

02 nullbyte (although he'll play for either team ... hiyo!)

03 Houlie

04 Razzzor

05 Tyler

06 Beeks

07 Firenick

08 Ando

Out: Radman, Brent (assuming)

Unknown: Happy, IronChef

That's the BF.net team, how's the Stark team looking Tim?

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

If anyone hears from Happy, let me know. I've tried texting and PMing and haven't heard back. Not only would it be good to have him at the scrimmage, but I need a player registration card filled out.

For the scrimmage, we should probably position ourselves as close as we can to where we'll be for game 1. How does this sound?

Iron Chef - C

Firenick - P

??? - 1B

Valpo - 2B

Tyler or Houlie- SS

Razzzor or Mike - 3B

Houlie or Tyler - LF

Beeks - LC

Nullbyte (if he's not playing for Stark) - RC

??? - RF

Sounds like we have enough guys with people coming from other teams. Hope those players don't mind taking a backseat to those who are on the BF.net team, I'd like to bat them behind the regular BF.NET team and postition them just whereever we have holes in the field.

EDIT: Mike is now out for the scrimmage, have cleared the 1B talk.

One possibility -- since it's a doubleheader we could do one game with Mike at 1B and one with someone else there (whoever will cover it in Game 1, ideally)...

I would like to kindly ask for a small $1 donation from everyone to help defray the field reservation cost http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived