Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-01 Brewers (Gallardo) at Padres (Latos), 7:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-1]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turning point, perhaps?

I think so and hope so. I really think his lack of work in ST affected him. Change up is a feel pitch and it takes live reps to get a good feel for it. I think he will be ok now. Rough patch. April has always been a tough month for him. We were mostly spared of his April struggles last year with him starting on the DL. Maybe thats the ticket...Good win

Verified Member
What a buncha whiners
The hitters had every right to whine tonight. That home plate umpire was terrible. I didn't see Gwynn's first K that apparently he complained about, but if it was anything like the rest of the game, I would imagine he had a beef. I'm sure the only reason Weeks didn't complain after he was rung up in the 9th was because he just saw Gonzalez get tossed. That was seriously one of the worst strike zones I've ever seen.

And Dick Enberg was awful in the Padres broadcast, too.

How terrible are the home plate umpires? Fox Trax, K Zone, etc. are finally exposing them as inept. Hopefully within a few years we'll finally have the electronic zone.

But in the meantime, I am LOVING Bill continuously making a fool of himself by disagreeing with Fox Trax! How great was that eighth inning tonight? Adamant about it being a strike, being proven wrong, and then saying NOTHING. Hilarious.

First time I've walked out of stadium after a Brewer win since May 03. That includes a game at MP where I saw the only loss in a 9 game homestand. Very nice.

Trevor got a pretty nice reception, particularly considering how ugly the crowd was after the 8th. Really good to see him lock it down. I think that would have been his last save attempt, at least in a long while, if he'd blown it.

If gameday is right, both teams had about the same amount to complain about on balls and strikes over the past 2 nights but the Brewers did a whole lot less whining. That's consistent with how it seemed at the park.

But in the meantime, I am LOVING Bill continuously making a fool of himself by disagreeing with Fox Trax! How great was that eighth inning tonight? Adamant about it being a strike, being proven wrong

I agree with the others that Fox Trax has been screwy all year. I don't trust it to 'prove' anyone wrong.

There were some pitches that were right down the middle the FoxTrax would say was on the corner or outside. I think FoxTrax needs some work.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

There were some pitches that were right down the middle the FoxTrax would say was on the corner or outside. I think FoxTrax needs some work.
I agree. I didn't think the pitch Schroeder was commenting on was as far out of the zone as FoxTrax was saying. Did anyone by chance get it on Gameday for comparison?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Verified Member

Here's a plot from BrooksBaseball.net of the called strikes and balls from the game (anything swung at isn't plotted). The strike zone is from the ump's point of view. As you can see, he had a major problem evaluating the side of the plate that was to his right. Some of the strikes he called (in red) were a half foot or more off the plate.

Interestingly, and I could see this as I watched the game, there were more bad strike calls against righties than lefties (not differentiated in this graph).

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4311/zoneplotnonnormphppitch.gif

Archived