Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-30 Brewers (Bush) at Padres (Richard), 9:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

rluzinski
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It feels like this team has lost their swagger. It doesn't seem like they're having fun and the offense looks lethargic. They need to find some way to snap out of it.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

This team looks dead, they have no heart, and I don't mean Cory Hart.

How does a team have a heartful losing streak, exactly?

It feels like this team has lost their swagger. It doesn't seem like

they're having fun and the offense looks lethargic.

And what team looks like they are having fun while losing? Hell, fans destroy any player who laughed it up and was having fun in such a situation. Am I wrong?

I love the IDT template as much as the next guy but we never seem to have IGT until 10 minutes before the game.

That's not even close to true, but all the same I did miss one this week, and am late getting it up tonight. Life happens sometimes, but that does raise this post well;

Pretendastronaut, is there any way for us to use your template to start an IGT when you aren't around? When I try to copy the source code, the tables get all messed up. Graphically, as long as the Brewers have played a particular team, all that is missing is the opposing pitcher's photo.

One of the goals of this new format was to make it easier to set up than in the past. We tried to make them easier to edit, and have had a few people do it so far without breaking it. Setting up new ones would take some HTML know-how. A couple of big work deadlines got completed this week, so I can probably find some time this weekend to make more templates ahead that people can use, and write up an explanation.

Thanks for trying.

Sorry, the 10 minute comment was a gross exaggeration, obviously. I'm used to having the IGT created many hours before the game starts. I'd like to be able to start one if, 8 hours before the first pitch, I'd like to complain about something. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'm not talking about the losing streak, I was talking about the team in general. It just feels like the team has a different dynamic this year without Cameron, et al. The swagger is gone.

Even when the Brewers had prolonged losing streaks in the past few years you could tell there was a swagger there. Right now it seems like after every strikeout guys are dejectedly walking back to the bench, spiking their helmets at the end of the inning, etc. I can imagine with the season the team has had so far guys are understandably frustrated, but continued pressing just creates more pressure, and at some point pressure busts pipes.

Basically, I just hope this team finds its swagger soon, whatever that may be.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

They have just been completely flat since Russ went to the last two games of the Pirates series. We should fire him as a fan because he brings no fire to the team.
Hey, I went to the final 2 games of the Cubs series as well. First and last time I'll attend 4 of 5 games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Basically, I just hope this team finds its swagger soon, whatever that

may be.

I appreciate you don't think it's so simple but I'm guessing they will the moment they start winning again.

This sucks.

They have just been completely flat since Russ went to the last two games of the Pirates series. We should fire him as a fan because he brings no fire to the team.
Hey, I went to the final 2 games of the Cubs series as well. First and last time I'll attend 4 of 5 games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
I remember you positing something about that. I was trying to pull together some mostly unrelated events that had little or no bearing on each other and trying to randomly assign blame.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif I figured that's what fans do when they are upset with how their team is playing. Made about as much sense as blaming the pitching coach to me.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived