Brewer Fanatic

All-Star Game rule changes

Invader3K

A recent report out of Major League Baseball indicates that the sport's All-Star Game will undergo minor changes beginning in 2010. These changes include:

• Employing the DH rule in every baseball stadium, including National
    League parks.
  • Expanding each roster to 34 players, to include one more position
    player for each team.
  • Prohibiting any starting pitcher to play in the game who had pitched
    for their team the previous Sunday.
  • Allowing for position a player to re-enter the game to replace an
    injured player (previously, this rule only applied for an injured
    catcher).

I don't mind the DH rule change, as I basically hate watching pitchers try to hit anyway, but I'm not sure if the further roster expansion should really be necessary at this point.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Beast Light wrote:

Really wish they would do away with the whole "home field advantage for the WS" thing though.

Me too. The fairest way is the old way, alternate every year. If you have to change it, then why not give it to the team with the highest winning pct?

"Prohibiting any starting pitcher to play in the game who had pitched for their team the previous Sunday."

Then don't put him on the team. Name him an All-Star and let it be on his career record for HOF/legacy purposes, but don't waste a spot on a guy who can't play. That's stupid.

I personally like playing for HFA in the WS. I just think it's cool and makes it interesting. Besides, the home team has lost more Game 7s than the visitor, historically.

I think his example is backwards. Would a manager skip his ace (if he's in the ASG he's probably the ace) or pitch him on short rest just so he could pitch the ASG? I would see a manager giving a pitcher an extra day off to make him pitch on that Sunday. Then he knows is ace won't pitch on Tuesday, and will be available to go again on Thursday.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived