Brewer Fanatic

Cleveland Indians most hated team in baseball

Vgmastr

According to a Nielsen study

Not sure if there's any merit to this, I can't see why anyone would have any reason to hate the Indians. In fact, if I had to pick a favorite AL team, it'd be them. They have a list of the top 10 hated teams, the Brewers aren't listed. Based on the article and the list, it seems like it relies heavily on how each team's fans feel about their team, as half of the top 10 are bottom feeders, while the other half are big spenders.

This has to be Cleveland hating on their own team, I don't know anyone who hates Cleveland, but then again most of us are biased because a pitcher from my home town pitched for them and has nothing but great things to say about the town and the management there.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

This has to be one of the worst studies I have seen.

I wonder who is paying Nielsen for this study? After seeing how Wall Street rating agencies were in cahoots with Wall Street big banks, could this New York based Nielsen Co. be in cahoots with the Yankees? I'd take this so call "Internet algorithm" study with a huge grain of salt, it may not be credible and could be just be a dubious "survey" to help influence public opinion in favor of the Yankees. Lobbyists of rich organisations use this trick lots of times to influence people.

I think the answer to this is simple. There is probably a portion of the population that simply hates them for their name and logo.
My roommate is one of those people, he also hates the Redskins. Something about racist mascots/names................

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I think the answer to this is simple. There is probably a portion of the population that simply hates them for their name and logo.
My roommate is one of those people, he also hates the Redskins. Something about racist mascots/names................
I don't think any logo is worse than the Indians' is. Time for a change.

I am dumbfounded how anyone can hate the Indians logo that much but then again being PC seems to outweigh being sensible these days so it shouldn't bother me.
P.C. and basically racist are two different things.

I wouldn't call this the worst study ever, you just have to think about it for a bit. A lot of people hate the Yankees, but a lot of people love them, which creates some balance. A lot of teams on that list have been very bad for very long - most likely the result of their own fans rating them poorly. The Dodgers are still hated by a lot of people and their children bitter over leaving Brooklyn. I wouldn't expect the Brewers to crack this list - pretty strong local support and not prominent enough for anyone outside WI to care about them.

I hate the Twins and the Scrubs. Throw the Cards in there too. Any study that doesn't refect that is wrong.
The Cubs have a huge national fanbase. I guess there are a lot of sadomasochistic baseball fans.

As far as the Indians, maybe it's not fair for me to say, not being Native American; but I think that logo is so goofy looking, it's hard to take seriously one way or another.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

As far as the Indians, maybe it's not fair for me to say, not being Native American; but I think that logo is so goofy looking, it's hard to take seriously one way or another.
I don't think you have to be Native American to have an opinion, but I think it's fairly easy to understand the criticism, partially because it is such a silly logo. If I was a member of one of the many different tribes whose people were hunted and killed and whose way of life was destroyed, and then I had to turn around and see a lot of the ancestors of those people who destroyed my heritage wearing some generic, silly "Indian" on their shirts and hats to play/watch a game, I can see why I'd be upset. When you add to that the fact that somebody, probably not any Native Americans, has gotten rich from it, then I'd get that much more upset. In fact, I don't have to be Native American to see that it is an injustice and express that opinion. If it's PC to recognize that the destruction of several different peoples, the lazy appropriation of the generic 'Indian' label, and the ensuing profiteering with that name/image might be offensive to people who can legitimately say their ancestors were ethnically cleansed, then, sure, I'm PC.

The thing is I live sort of close to Cleveland, I like the way that organization does (other) things, and I try to get to a game each summer. The AAA team here where I live is the Chiefs, and I go there very regularly. I just don't buy shirts/hats with the headdress. I don't hold it against people who do because I don't think that act is intentionally offensive to anyone. But to write it off as though it 'shouldn't be offensive' is too much.

You may run like Mays...

My hate meter:

1. Braves This goes back 45 years and it's personal.

2. Cubs This one is threatening to take over number 1 spot. There's just so many levels on which it's based.

3. Yankees This isn't as intense as it was in the 70's and 80's, but it lingers. This started in the 58 World Series.

4. Cardinals

Archived