Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-29 Brewers (Davis) at Padres (LeBlanc), 9:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-0]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does Macha still have a job? Why would you use Suppan in this situation? I know the bullpen is gassed, but you put Villy or Coffey, or even Hawkins out there in that situation. I would only put Suppan out there with no inherited runners, he has a hard enough time getting the batters he faces out. The only thing that is keeping me from losing my mind right now is the knowledge that tomorrow night I will be at the Bradley Center hopefully watching the Bucks eliminate the Hawks. If it weren't for that I don't think I would be in good shape right now.

How does Macha still have a job? Why would you use Suppan in this situation? I know the bullpen is gassed, but you put Villy or Coffey, or even Hawkins out there in that situation. I would only put Suppan out there with no inherited runners, he has a hard enough time getting the batters he faces out. The only thing that is keeping me from losing my mind right now is the knowledge that tomorrow night I will be at the Bradley Center hopefully watching the Bucks eliminate the Hawks. If it weren't for that I don't think I would be in good shape right now.
Because the game was effectively over. Perfect time for a terrible pitcher to eat some innings.

This pitching staff is terrible. Something has to be done...

Just curious if you are watching the game because complaining about the pitching staff after this game makes no sense. I mean if you are following the box score i get it at least, if you are watching the game and think this is more than bad luck I just don't get it. Complain about the previous games sure, but not this one.

His grit can not save him every time. (Eckstein)

I just hope the Brewers dont throw away the majority of their at-bats like they normally do when down by a lot. You know the type.....swinging for the downs, hacking at the first pitch.....As gomez lazily flies to center, braun beats one into the dirt.

It killed me last Sunday during the Cubs blowout. After the second inning where it was 5-0, the crew was basically un-watchable. I hope the same thing does not happen tonight. I hope the coaches continue to coach and not just try to get this over as fast as they can. A game like this could be a chance for a Fielder or a Weeks to bust out. No pressure. Work on what you need to work on.

Prince with a hit. Hey! Here we go on the comeback trail!

Because the game was effectively over. Perfect time for a terrible pitcher to eat some innings.
They're conceding games when down 4-0 with 4 innings to play? That seems a little early. Even conceding a run in that situation doesn't take the team out of it, but 5 runs sure does.

at least it's 11:30 for you guys. You can say, "heck with it, I'm going to bed." It's only 9:30 here--I've gotta keep watching this. Or Private Practice. Hmmmmmm . . . . . no, Brewers win that battle every time.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

at least it's 11:30 for you guys. You can say, "heck with it, I'm going to bed." It's only 9:30 here--I've gotta keep watching this. Or Private Practice. Hmmmmmm . . . . . no, Brewers win that battle every time.
Even when they're pooping the bed like this?

How does Macha still have a job? Why would you use Suppan in this

situation?

why would you use Suppan in ANY situation? well, i guess if the team left their jerseys all over the clubhouse floor and they needed to be picked up...

we should start a charity raffle for who can correctly predict the first game that Soup comes in, pitches a full inning and doesn't let a single player on base.

Went to bed, then it started raining really hard here. Woke up, got on the computer to check the radar and saw this score. Another day, another dollar. They say betting on baseball is a losing proosition but at this point I'm starting to think money could be made betting on Brewers games. They are as close to a "sure thing" in terms of the limited number of possible outcomes that you can find in sports.

At least Soup got a hit this half inning.

God bless all of you willing to tough this one out for the rest of us.

Dave Nelson just said Weeks needed a day off. Wonder if Macha will agree. Do you think a good manager can tell when a player needs a day off, before he starts hitting the skids?

Archived