Brewer Fanatic

wii issue-help

bbrauch2000

Are you sending the Wii to a receiver, and then the receiver to the TV? I had this issue where I had the Wii hooked up to my surround sound receiver via component cables, and then was sending a single HDMI cable to my plasma HDTV. I got delays, as well as the picture cutting in and out. I ended up hooking the Wii up directly to the TV via the component video cables, and then it worked fine. Only minor annoyance is that I have to change inputs on the TV, where as before I could keep the TV on one set input.

I really wish they had designed the Wii with HDTV in mind. It's very archaic in terms of video and sound compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360. Just a minor nitpick, I guess.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The component cables alone may not fix this. Check and see if your TV has a gaming mode or something like that. I have a Hitachi HDTV in my basement and any timing based game is useless on it even with components. I called Hitachi and they said "use component cables." Said I already did. Their response: "Sorry."

Works great on my 720 Samsung, but not so much on the 1080 Hitachi. Hopefully component cables will fix this, but in my experience they might not.

Archived