Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-28 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Narveson), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5, 14 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why is a shame they guy continues to blow saves of games we need to win to compete this season,and if macha continues to use him he shouls be fired ASAP. He does not have it at this moment and there is no way that this Guy should be used to close games and Macha you need to realize it before your position is also pulled.

I hate the booing too, but it's likely targeted at Macha for trotting out a guy in a high leverage situation that just doesn't have it right now.
For the average fan, that's thinking WAYYYYY to far into it. There are tons of great Milwaukee fans, and tons of d-bag wagon fans that probably can't tell you what a save is exactly.

And yes, this is completely frustrating.

On that note, I don't know how excited I am to have gotten an authentic Hoffman jersey from Majestic right when the season started.

Melvin has spent more than 15 million on this garbage bullpen. He should be fired for thaat alone.

On paper the bullpen is the strength of this team. Hoffman has struggled, but I think our pen is still very good.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

How can you say we have a terrible team? The back end of our bullpen is terrible or has been terrible, but this is now 6 games that we have had the lead after 8 innings. We are what 9-11 coming into today, so if those games aren't blown by two individuals (Hawkins/Hoffman) we are 15-5. To pin this on the entire team is ridiculous. As for the booing....let's not forget that Hoffman has only been in Milwaukee for 1 year. Honestly I couldn't care less that he has nearly 600 saves, as all but roughly 40 of them have come for other teams. As of this moment he is no better to us than Turnbow and Gagne. He has no history with Milwaukee other than one solid year and this year has been an absolute diaster. It's to the point where I see him coming in and I know he will blow it. I don't know if he's done or not, but I do know he does not deserve to be closing games for this team right now. Ken Macha has a responsibility to 24 other players on this team, not to the "History of Trevor Hoffman". You think Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, etc etc care about what Hoffman was doing when they were 10 years old. I don't care if he saved 15 million games for San Diego, that has no relevance on what he is doing to the Milwaukee Brewers right now, which is absolutely killing them. Get him out of that role Macha.....you moron.

Why are there people on here totally dismissing the idea that Hoffman may be done. Right now, it doesnt matter to me that he is the all time saves leader. I was hoping this was a playoff team. Lets let that dream die eary because our closer is a future hall of famer?

We might as well be happing with present day Tom Glavine in our rotation then. He pitched a year longer than he should have too.

Why are there people on here totally dismissing the idea that Hoffman may be done. Right now, it doesnt matter to me that he is the all time saves leader. I was hoping this was a playoff team. Lets let that dream die eary because our closer is a future hall of famer?

We might as well be happing with present day Tom Glavine in our rotation then. He pitched a year longer than he should have too.

He might be done, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he's earned it.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Community Moderator
We had no problem giving Gagne a nickname when he holds the record for most consecutive saves ever.
I also had a problem with the relentless booing of Gagne, so we probably aren't going to agree on this one. At least the Brewers fans are waiting now until Hoffman actually gives something up, instead of the preemptive booing that Gagne was getting.

Why are there people on here totally dismissing the idea that Hoffman may be done.

There are two topics in the Major League forum where people aren't dismissing the idea.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am embarrassed for the Brewers fans that are booing Trevor. I have never seen a future hall of famer booed by his home fans before.
I have never seen a future HOF player perform as poorly as Trevor Hoffman has this year either. Firsts for everything I guess.

i not sure its garbage Bklyn but the way macha refused to leave Coffey in a role he was very good in last year to have hawkins blow 8 ing games is what stinks. Then keeps trotting out a closer who for whatever reason can do it this year that on Macha .

Archived