Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-28 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Narveson), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5, 14 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might get some flack for this, but that wasn't a bad pitch.
I'd have to see it again, but it definitely didn't look like a pitch that should have been hit over the fence.

That said, this is tough to watch. I don't blame Macha for sending him out there again today, though. Looks like management is going to have a very, very difficult decision to make after today.

I am embarrassed for the Brewers fans that are booing Trevor. I have never seen a future hall of famer booed by his home fans before.
Brewer fans are starting to resemble Cubs fans lately and it's embarrassing to see.

I think Hoffman deserves one more shot and if he struggles again, give the closing duties to Hawkins for a while. Hoffman's been around long enough to be able to right the ship on his own.

Hoffman needs a nickname ... we had turnblow and gagme and now ...
Trevor needs to pitch some mop up games and get his command back. He's not remotely close to Turnbow or Gagne status.

Edit: His nickname should be first ballot HOFer
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

If it's a case of needing more work, they need to be frank and have him fill the Suppan role for a couple weeks until he proves he's back on track.
I agree. The recent results are overshadowing all the positives about Trevor Time.

Trevor doesn't strike me (sorry for the bad pun) as one whose ego is so inflated or so fragile that he wouldn't realize or care that the status quo is harming the team.

On the silver lining side, he's done for the day. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have no problem taking Hoffman out of the closer's role to make sure he's OK. To declare "he's done" with such certainty is just silly. Half this team would be DFAd if some people here were running the show. Hoffman has been terrible but slowwwwwww down.

I am embarrassed for the Brewers fans that are booing Trevor. I have never seen a future hall of famer booed by his home fans before.
Brewer fans are starting to resemble Cubs fans lately and it's embarrassing to see.

I think Hoffman deserves one more shot and if he struggles again, give the closing duties to Hawkins for a while. Hoffman's been around long enough to be able to right the ship on his own.

No, he doesn't have that right. The only goal is to win games, and Hoffman has been horrific in the closing role. A good manager would have sat him a while and/or used him for a couple months in middle relief until he gets his mojo back. To keep throwing him out there to close games is counter-productive.

I don't agree with the booing, but I would guess most of those boos are directed at Macha, not Hoffman. At least I hope so. I've never booed anyone other than Sheffield and Vina (after they left) but if I took off work to spend my whole day at Miller Park only to see the same crap happen again, I would be tempted to boo.

Archived