Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-28 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Narveson), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5, 14 innings]

hawing
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone tell me what just happened? Gameday said "On Field Delay" and Automatic Ball.
Hawkins varied his windup and went quick to home. The ump did not like it for some reason. Macha was barking at the ump. I don't think it was an automatic ball though.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Can someone tell me what just happened? Gameday said "On Field Delay" and Automatic Ball.

The home plate ump called it because Hawkins quick pitched him and didn't come set. But since there was no one on base, it was perfectly legal. Funniest part is one of the base umps was laughing with Hawkins about it, because the HP ump was combative, and completely wrong.

That was the most animated I've seen Macha though.

Maybe I have been infected by bad manager thinking, but I would put Hoffman out today. If he gets hit hard in two at-bats, I pull him for Parra maybe. Eeee, not good options out there. But definitely give him a break from closer duties for a week after that.

SoCal[/b] Brew Crew Fan]Went to his mouth on the mound without the umps saying it was ok today.
No, Hawkins was being warned for delivering a quick pitch, he never came set before he threw. The umpire just warned him, no ball was called. Rock does not know that is a quick pitch is illegal, but I think the umpire did the right thing.

I wonder how many times Evan Meek has heard lame jokes about inheriting the earth.

Per Bob (sigh), Casey McGehee's wife is scheduled to deliver their child tomorrow, so he'll not travel to SD until Friday.

Also per Bob (sigh again): "Meek just went to his mouth, so apparently that's okay now."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

SoCal[/b] Brew Crew Fan]Went to his mouth on the mound without the umps saying it was ok today.
No, Hawkins was being warned for delivering a quick pitch, he never came set before he threw. The umpire just warned him, no ball was called. Rock does not know that is a quick pitch is illegal, but I think the umpire did the right thing.

The radio guys had a different story. Uke must be distracted...can't say I blame him.

Hoffman is up in the pen.
Jebus. I get the whole "get back on the bike" concept, but the part of me that saw the meltdowns on April 9, 11 and 27 is cringing - I'll admit it.

I'd be tempted to stop monitoring the game, but it could be Bob's last half-inning for a while. So...conflicted.

Trevor. Give Bob a good last call for now. I'm asking you to do this for Uecker. Uecker!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived