Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-28 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Narveson), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5, 14 innings]

hawing

6 losses now when we had the lead in the 8th inning or later. Don't teams typically win 90 percent of the games or more when they lead that late?

What a different feel we would all have if the brew had won just 4 or 5 of those 6.

You are going to lose games 5-2 or 4-1 when you never have the lead.....every team does.....but when you blow games late it just kills you.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, I'm going to be in Phoenix for the 3 games. They better not be that bad on this trip! It's my one opportunity to see them this year!

I'm hoping ARZ goes in the tank, though, as better tickets will be available then. Their crowds this year have already been horrible.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

You are predicting a .300 WP at best? It certainly could happen but no way it should be expected. If you don't believe me, just add up the Vegas lines for the trip.
Well, we just went 1-5 on the home stand. I agree it's unlikely they'll play that badly, but with this team lately, it's hard to say.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think there are some good things to take away from this one. Narveson settled in nicely after that first inning. If he can get things going, that should help. It showed some toughness for the Brewers to come back a couple of different times to tie it up, one time taking the lead. Parra continues to be quite good, although I'm not surprised he gave up that run - for a guy who's pretty much been a LOOGY/one-inning guy to go three, he was probably wearing down.

Archived