Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-23 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-1]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, it has to be an error on the play. The runner stopped between 2nd and 3rd, then went to 3rd when the ball got away from Zaun. It needed to be an error on Gomez in the opinion of the official scorer because the ball did short-hop Zaun.

Twri7, I meant I saw the brewers getting shut out coming...
You saw Fielder missing a home run by 2 inches?

Maybe he meant that he knew Counsell would get an RBI in the 7th while also ending the inning trying to stretch a double into a nearly meaningless triple.

Gomez just tried to tie it up on the first pitch he saw. Too bad they are down five.

If he could've run around the bases five times before the ball landed, by rule, the game would've been tied.

I think that still is dumb that it should be an error. Pretty much perfect throw, but I guess that's the way baseball scores it.

They said Escobar is elite but will still have growing pains this year. He's a young guy and will make some mistakes. IMO both those errors were mental not anything to do with his glove or arm. He should have tagged the guy on the first one and the second one he rushed. Instead of picking it on the run he should have back handed that, planted and threw. I'm ok with him screwing up on stuff like this. We can't expect him to be perfect...yet.

Archived