Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-23 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-1]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this will not be a popular thing to say, in fact I am pretty sure most people will find it offensive to a degree, but the more people on this board say they don't want to sound like Cubs fans the more you do sound like Cubs I know this is popular, but I've read enough Game threads on both NSBB and BF.net to know that BF.net during game threads are eerily similar to game threads on NSBB.

I don't mean it as an insult, but as a matter of perspective.

I just can't believe this organization is commited to winning until they either bench Suppan or release him. He throws nothing but meatballs and is at best a BP guy. Have the guts, commit to winning and move on with a pitchers that has some upside.

I know this will not be a popular thing to say, in fact I am pretty sure most people will find it offensive to a degree, but the more people on this board say they don't want to sound like Cubs fans the more you do sound like Cubs I know this is popular, but I've read enough Game threads on both NSBB and BF.net to know that BF.net during game threads are eerily similar to game threads on NSBB.

Please explain.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I challenge you to find a fan of any team who wouldn't be upset about having a pitcher with an 8.68 ERA still having a spot in their rotation, not to mention sucking up $12.75 million of the payroll in the process.

This Silver lining is that at least the Cubs' best starting pitcher is out of the way.
And their second best http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Well, I'd probably take Wells over Zambrano, maybe even Lilly at this point, to be honest.

Not to sound like a "cub fan," but what does Melvin/Macha realistically expect Suppan to produce? They have to know he is not going to give us an advantage in any pitching matchup (pirates excepted).

Mike Fontenot looks like Hans Klopek from "The Burbs"

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/0db35923934d75e7fdc69d711df6c19fc36e658.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Like my mom always told me, "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all. Unless it's about Jeff Suppan."

Hopefully the bullpen can put up a few zeroes and the Brewers can at least make the end of this game entertaining.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

How the heck did they give gomez a throwing error on that play at home? He put it right on Zaun's glove? That is just dumb? That was a BB he threw too!

I'm so sick of Soup! I'm sorry, I've bit my lip all year and tried to be positive but he just doesn't have it anymore. Even the Cubs announcers said "there will be a lot of talk about who should be in that 5th spot these coming days." Ya except between Melvin and Macha!!!

Ok enough ranting, back to being a positive fan.

How the heck did they give gomez a throwing error on that play at home? He put it right on Zaun's glove? That is just dumb? That was a BB he threw too!
They gave Gomez an error?
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived