Brewer Fanatic

Braun's performance so far

owbc
Community Moderator

We've had this thread for some bad reasons, so how about a positive thread about Braun:

25 hits: 1st in NL

5 HR (tied 3rd in NL)

20 RBI (tied 1st in NL)

44 total bases (tied 2nd in NL behind Matt Kemp)

4 stolen bases (tied 6th in NL)

.478 OBP

.417 AVG

1.211 OPS

Obviously, he isn't going to keep up this pace, but he is an early-season MVP leader and will likely start in the all-star game. What more is he even capable of doing?

He's also hit safely in 23 of his last 24 games, dating back to last year. He started with a 13 game hitting streak, bridging the two seasons, and now he's got a 10 game hitting streak.

It's also good to see his walk rate improve each year.

he is an early-season MVP leader
Sorry, but Matt Kemp is the leader.

More home runs, more runs, same RBIs, lower OPS, but very close.

He said "an," not "the," and it doesn't even matter at this point, anyway.

Braun's potential is as a Triple Crown winner, he showed that in his rookie season. Years 2 and 3 had him playing like an All-Star while dealing with nagging injuries and having pitchers adjust to him... it would make sense for him to continue to improve in his 4th year

I think Braun, if he can stay healthy, can be one of the greatest hitting outfielders of all-time. Seriously

I wonder when the Ryan Braun re-extension talks will start... he's such a good deal that the Brewers could offer to rework the contract to pay him better now, and extend him a few more years. He's an amazing hitter.

Was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.

He has already had three amazing seasons. This one should top those. I think this will be the first year he hit's 40 bombs.

Braun is also quietly putting up good stolen base number (4 SB : 0 CS) Could he go 30/30? Knocking on wood as I type this.

I guess Braun outhit Fielder in that year but I would take Fielder's line over Braun's since Fielder had a much higher OBP. I would call Fielder's year more valuable that Braun's.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived