2010-04-22 Brewers (Wolf) at Pirates (McCutchen), 11:35 CDT [Brewers win, 20-0]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
How many times has Gomez reached on an error this season? I know there

has been 2 this series. That is something to take into account when

looking at his OBP.

He forces some of those errors with his speed, so I think his OBP is legit.

Nice win today and we have 3 more games against the Pirates next week.

Bob and Cory's star(s) of the game? The offense. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If you missed it, the replay is at 7:00 CT (6:30 Brewers Live) on FSWisconsin.

If you're looking for a different type of baseball fun, ESPN Classic is showing the Cubs-Marlins "Bartman" game at 4:00 CT today.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is my point. OBP is lowered when a play is called an error. I'm not saying its where it needs to be yet, but we should give him a break on having a lower than ideal OBP.

i dont mean to be a downer, but this is totally setting the brewers up for about 5 total runs scored this weekend...

but either way, awesome offense displayed by the brewers this week. 11, 8, 8 & 20 runs scored (11.75 avg.)

This is my point. OBP is lowered when a play is called an error. I'm not saying its where it needs to be yet, but we should give him a break on having a lower than ideal OBP.

Is there a stat that purely shows how often a player gets on base, regardless of reason? I'd be curious to see it.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

"i dont mean to be a downer, but this is totally setting the brewers up for about 5 total runs scored this weekend..."

Not a chance. They will score at least 5 off Lilly. Did you see the video on MLB network last night on Lilly? They are going to tee off on him.

The Brewers have scored 47 runs in the past 4 games. They've only scored more runs in a 4 game span two other times- April 7-11, 1978 they scored 49 and July 15-18, 1996 they scored 48.

The Brewers have never before had a 3-game span where they have outscored the opposition by 35 runs or more. They twice outscored the opposition by 29 over a 3-game period, April 7-9, 1978, 40-11; and Sept 17-19, 1982, 34-5.

I too have noticed that Gomez is causing errors with his speed. I think that def should be looked at. Now I don't know if there is a stat for that but he does cause issues out there. And yes, so fun to watch. I really hope he continues to grow with his plate discipline. I'm so excited about him right now but also know that tomorrow could be 0-5 with 3 k's! Should be a fun rollercoaster ride. And I totally agree w an earlier post, he's always hustling and having fun, got to love that http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Great series! Can't believe how hot some of our guys are right now. Braun is pure lava!

Uecker was also amazing today. So many great one liners. My friens are always jealous when I tell them the lines I get to hear every day. Love him!

Bring on the Cubs!!

"i dont mean to be a downer, but this is totally setting the brewers up for about 5 total runs scored this weekend..."

Not a chance. They will score at least 5 off Lilly. Did you see the video on MLB network last night on Lilly? They are going to tee off on him.

i sure as heck hope you are right.

I will be rooting hard and just hoping they get at least 2 this weekend

I too have noticed that Gomez is causing errors with his speed. I think that def should be looked at. Now I don't know if there is a stat for that but he does cause issues out there. And yes, so fun to watch. I really hope he continues to grow with his plate discipline. I'm so excited about him right now but also know that tomorrow could be 0-5 with 3 k's! Should be a fun rollercoaster ride. And I totally agree w an earlier post, he's always hustling and having fun, got to love that http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Great series! Can't believe how hot some of our guys are right now. Braun is pure lava!

Uecker was also amazing today. So many great one liners. My friens are always jealous when I tell them the lines I get to hear every day. Love him!

Bring on the Cubs!!

Here's a discussion about the value of ROE (reached on error):

http://www.insidethebook.com/ee/index.php/site/comments/doug_glanville_times_on_base/

There's some skill involved with ROE, but we aren't talking about 20 extra a year or anything like that.

Gomez adds extra offensive value with his speed (ROE, steals, advancing bases, etc..) but I think people tend to overestimate the value of that stuff. If Gomzez finishes with a .300 OBP, he was bad no matter how many things you throw in there.

Archived