Brewer Fanatic

First time To Milwaukee and Miller Park- Questions

Capitaltigers
I've done the Lakefront tour about a dozen times. $6 gets you 4 samples and a free glass. They also have the original Bernies's chalet from County Stadium, which is pretty sweet. Major Goolsby's has the best wings in town. For out-of-towners, it seems the one place everybody wants to check out is the safe house. If you're walking there, you'll probably walk right past it because the front of the bar looks like a shoe store. The actual entrance is down a side alley, and you have to speak the password to get in. The Pfister has a pretty cool lobby, and you might bump into some of the Phillies players or maybe some other famous people. The bar on the top floor is pretty neat, too. For a good steak, I'd recommend the Milwaukee Chophouse in the lobby of the Hilton. It's not cheap, but it's probably the best steak I've ever had. Also, Miller Time Pub is in the same lobby, and it's right off Wisconsin Ave. While you're there, walk upstairs to the upper lobby and talk to the Concierge about other places to check out in town. They'll help you out even if you're not staying in the hotel.

i dont think this was mentioned, but are you going to the May 15th game?
Capitaltigers and his wife are going May 16 (the Sunday Night Baseball game). As a bonus, you won't have to listen to the ESPN guys!

Section 126 should be pretty sweet. I might have some photos at home from section 124; if I find any I'll post them so you can get an idea of the angle. The Miller Park seating chart also allows you to see a representative view from each section, by clicking on the section number The photo for 126 looks taken from the back of the section.

It seems you should be either right by or just beyond the tarp (yes, there is a tarp, despite the roof).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

that's exactly the reason.

I believe it's an MLB rule that unless it is a fully-enclosed stadium, you have to have a tarp, just in case.

The thing I wonder is, how often does the MP grounds crew practice using it?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

that's exactly the reason.

I believe it's an MLB rule that unless it is a fully-enclosed stadium, you have to have a tarp, just in case.

The thing I wonder is, how often does the MP grounds crew practice using it?

Wasn't there a quick thunderstorm that popped up out of nowhere a few years ago that they had to use the tarp for because the roof couldn't close fast enough?

I was hoping during a few of those Cubs game over the weekend that the roof would have a "malfunction" and accidentally open. Opps, sorry we have to postpone the game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just an FYI...you don't need to know the password to get in the Safe House. In fact, it's probably more fun if you don't know it.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Wasn't there a quick thunderstorm that popped up out of nowhere a few years ago that they had to use the tarp for because the roof couldn't close fast enough?
Yes. We were walking toward Miller Park when the skies opened up.

I assume the tarp is in use during the off-season as well.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Capitaltigers, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

As many have mentioned there are lots of shuttles to Miller Park, and if you want to try a bar/restaurant that isn't listed, we can let you know if they have a shuttle.

Related - now that Miller Park charges a fee for shuttles, wouldn't it be nice if they listed all the establishments that have paid the fee on their site? That would give fans a nice starting point to find transportation, even though not all shuttles would run to all the games (some are weekends only, etc).

This was right when it opened but when I came into Miller Park for the first time, I was told to go through the right field entrance. Its a big out of the way, and then walk to centerfield for your first view of the field. It blew my mind. I told my relatives to do the same, and my uncle also being a baseball diehard agreed it was probably the best way to see the stadium for first impression.

Besides that, food and drink have been covered pretty well. Get a cheap grill for 8 bucks and tailgate with that if you can, it's always a nice touch to your experience, the first or hundreth time at the Keg.

Enjoy!

Just an FYI...you don't need to know the password to get in the Safe House. In fact, it's probably more fun if you don't know it.
have a bunch of quarters on hand, and when you're ready to leave, ask your server for an alternate exit out of the building.

Would also agree on getting to Miller Park early and walking around the grounds and definitely taking in the tailgate in the parking lot. Cool things to see around the park are the statues and plaques we have on the walk of fame. Also going to Helfaer Field (What used to be the spot of Home Plate at County Stadium) and look at the 1957 WS tribute for the Braves is good too.

Another one to ask around were it is at because I am not to sure but the plaque for were Hank Arron's 755th home run landed.

You will be surprised that it is in the middle of the parking lot and a cars will most likely be right around it!!

Had a friend come to Milwaukee last year for the first time from NJ who came for a Philly's game he just absolutely couldn't believe the tailgating we do and the whole parking lot atmosphere!!

I know since it is a bobblehead game me and my friend will be their not sure if I will have others but I will try and tailgate I rarely go to a game and not tailgate.

If you do walk around and can make it to the huge general parking lot over the bridge across the highway look for this giant blue Milwaukee flag next to a blue Honda Element I would be glad to treat you to a tailgate experience!! The flag is 5ft by 8ft and is hanging on a 20ft pole you can't miss it!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Click To Enlarge

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/Zachlaka/brewers/th_StLouisOldBushStadiumFlag2.jpg

I was at a game I think it may have been the Damien Miller Wednesday walk off home run in extra innings!! It rained during BP very quickly and they had to put the tarp out because the roof was open not sure about thunder though. It was really odd to see the tarp out. Was luckily in concourse when it started raining and just watched it pour outside!!

The tarp gets used quite a bit when there aren't games going on. The groundskeepers will protect the infield while leaving the rest of the field exposed to the elements. I think that's standard operating procedure in open air parks.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived