Brewer Fanatic

Joe Morgan to Reds as Special Advisor

Teatoe993

Morgan wasn't hired to make baseball decisions or help manage the team, he was hired to "support and assist in the development of the club's community

outreach and diversity initiatives while participating in the efforts of

the Reds Community Fund and Reds Hall of Fame." So don't get your hopes up too high.

No doubt Walt Jocketty was very impressed by Joe Morgan's strong grasp of baseball economics as demonstrated on ESPN last week, hence this hire.
Yes. My guess is that they have hired him so that he can convert them into a large market team.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but my understanding is that he will in fact still be working for ESPN (and I assume still on Sunday nights).

Well that sucks. Whoever told Joe Morgan to keep his day job deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

zzzmanwitz]This is fantastic news. That means we don't have to listen to him on Sunday Night Baseball anymore!!!
I don't know why that's good news, I've been finding myself watching Sunday Night Baseball just to listen to the excrement that protrudes out of his mouth.

Isn't that a conflict of interest for him to be working for a MLB team and calling MLB games?

As others have pointed out -- He is probably going to be more of an "ambassador" than someone with any day-to-day dealings.

Think:

Buck O'Neil - Royals

Minnie Minoso - White Sox

No doubt Walt Jocketty was very impressed by Joe Morgan's strong grasp of baseball economics as demonstrated on ESPN last week, hence this hire.

I have defended ESPN in the past, but that Joe Morgan economics thing was terrible. I can stand most of the ESPN guys, but he's awful. I don't even know if he'd get a job with a team (that isn't the Reds)?

I have defended ESPN in the past, but that Joe Morgan economics thing was terrible. I can stand most of the ESPN guys, but he's awful. I don't even know if he'd get a job with a team (that isn't the Reds)?

I missed the economics lecture......what did he say?

Archived