Brewer Fanatic

Zambrano moving to the bullpen [Latest: Meltdown 6/25, suspended indefinitely by Cubs]

sheethead
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets more interesting . . . .

An article on twitter indicated that Carlos Zambrano was sent home by Lou PInella in the middle of the game. Apparently, a camera man from a local Chicago news channel followed Zambrano into the parking lot, and so Zambrano then went off on a profanity-laced tirade on this camera man. They will apparently be airing this other tirade on the local Chicago news tonight.

I hope to see the footage.

LOL

It gets more interesting . . . .

An article on twitter indicated that Carlos Zambrano was sent home by Lou PInella in the middle of the game. Apparently, a camera man from a local Chicago news channel followed Zambrano into the parking lot, and so Zambrano then went off on a profanity-laced tirade on this camera man. They will apparently be airing this other tirade on the local Chicago news tonight.

I hope to see the footage.

LOL

What channel? I'm in Chicago for a conference, so I could watch.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would have loved to have seen Lee deck him.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

And people complained about Suppan!!!!

Well, to be fair, Z only gave up four runs.

In one inning, that's a fair comparison to Suppan.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'd say it's unbelievable, but it's Zambrano.

They still have to pay him

Fun with numbers --

'10: $17.85M

'11: $17.85M

'12: $18M

'13: $19.25M (vesting player option)

Want some icing on the cake? How about a full no-trade clause.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Community Moderator
Sadly, the Zambrano contract is just a drop in the bucket. Their payroll is $145 million. They could have 3 of those contracts and still have more money to spend than the Brewers. Baseball is so unfair right now.

lol Bob Brenly saying about time someone was showing emotion. Yea, because this is what the Cubs need right now.
The problem is, I think you're supposed to show emotion in what you're doing, not against your own teammate. As much as I think Macha should be replaced, I'm very glad Brenly isn't the manager.

I'd say it's unbelievable, but it's Zambrano.

They still have to pay him

Fun with numbers --

'10: $17.85M

'11: $17.85M

'12: $18M

'13: $19.25M (vesting player option)

Want some icing on the cake? How about a full no-trade clause.

His option vests if he is healthy and in the top 4 in Cy Young voting next year OR in the top 2 in Cy Young voting in 2012. What are the odds we could start a campaign and get that vote rigged, a la Rory Fitzpatrick in the NHL all-star game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...zpatrick_voting_campaign

The first step is attack ads against Lincecum, Halladay, etc...

Sportswriters cast really dumb votes. If Zambrano could just be a decent reliever, even a set-up man, I could see him getting a couple of votes from incompetent sportswriters...

My question is, when do the fingers finally start pointing where they should be pointed...Jim Hendry? I cannot figure out how that guy has escaped blame for as long as he has. Soriano, Milton Bradley, Carlos Zambrano...these are some of the worst contracts in baseball. Maybe in the history of baseball. He sticks with a Manager, who seemingly has already retired, continues to bring back an aging, non-performing core of players, and has little behind them in the minor leagues. How is he not most responsible for their poor performance? With the payroll and resources they have, he certainly does make Doug Melvin look a whole lot better by comparison.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
People are already calling into sports shows complaining about the Ricketts family. Gotta love them Cubs fans!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Sadly, the Zambrano contract is just a drop in the bucket. Their payroll is $145 million. They could have 3 of those contracts and still have more money to spend than the Brewers. Baseball is so unfair right now.

Well, they sort of do have 3 of those contracts...well, two and a half (Spriano and Silva). The funny thing is, Zambrano's isn't even the worst contract on the team. That honor goes to Soriano. While their payroll is high, and those contracts are relatively small in comparison, they are still a huge problem for the Cubs. They aren't going to go to a $200M payroll, which means their options in Free Agency the next few years are going to be extremely limited. Over half of that $145 is tied up in Soriano, Zambrano, Fukudome, Lee, and Silva. $145M is one thing...what you get out of it is something entirely different. With the possible exception of Lee (and Silva if they act fast enough), those contracts are completely unmoveable. Cub fans better find something they like about those players and cling to it like grimm death, because they are going to be around for a long time.

some of the money invested in those contracts are bad now but I think they knew that would be the case when they gave them out. They knew in the long run it was too long and too much but it gave them the best chance to win right away. If they had actaully won the WS while their window of opportunity was open it would have been worth it. Problem was they blew it when they had the opportunity and now have to pay anyway.

As far as the Z meltdown I refuse to celebrate someone else's obvious mental problems... oh what the hell hahahahahaha.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived